How to install a fresh copy of OS X on your Mac
- Shut down your Mac.
- Press the Power button (the button marked with a O with a 1 through it)
- Immediately press the command (cloverleaf) key and R together.
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet through Wi-Fi.
- Select Install Mac OS X, then click Continue.
How do I wipe and reinstall my Mac?
Select your startup drive on the left (typically Macintosh HD), switch to the Erase tab and choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format drop-down menu. Select Erase and then confirm your choice. Quit out of the Disk Utility app, and this time choose Reinstall OS X and Continue.
How do I reinstall Mojave on Mac?
How to install a new copy of macOS Mojave in Recovery Mode
- Connect your Mac to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Hold down Command and R (⌘ + R) at the same time.
- Click on Reinstall a new copy of macOS.
How do I install Mac OS on a new SSD?
With the SSD plugged in to your system you’ll need to run Disk Utility to partition the drive with GUID and format it with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition. The next step is to download from the Apps Store the OS installer. Run the installer selecting the SSD drive it will install a fresh OS onto your SSD.
How do I revert my Mac operating system?
If not, or if you choose not to, you can restore at any time.
- Power up or restart your Mac.
- Hold down Command+R while your Mac boots.
- Click Restore from Time Machine Backup from the OS X Utilities menu.
- Click Continue.
- Read the Restore Your System page and click Continue.
- Select your Time Machine backup.
- Click Continue.
How do I do a clean install of OSX?
So, let us begin.
- Step 1: Clean up your Mac.
- Step 2: Back up your data.
- Step 3: Clean Install macOS Sierra on your startup disk.
- Step 1: Erase your non-startup drive.
- Step 2: Download the macOS Sierra Installer from the Mac App Store.
- Step 3: Start the Installation of macOS Sierra on the Non-startup drive.
How do I do a fresh install of OSX?
Install macOS on your startup disk drive
- Go to System Preferences.
- Сlick Startup disk and choose the installer you just created.
- Restart your Mac and hold down Command-R to boot into recovery mode.
- Take your bootable USB and connect it to your Mac.
How do I do a clean install of OSX Mojave?
How to Clean Install MacOS Mojave
- Complete a full Time Machine backup before starting this process.
- Connect the bootable macOS Mojave installer drive to the Mac via a USB port.
- Reboot the Mac, then immediately start holding the OPTION key on the keyboard.
How do I reinstall Mojave on Mac without disc?
How to Reinstall MacOS Mojave
- Backup the Mac before going any further, do not skip making a full backup.
- Restart the Mac, then immediately hold down the COMMAND + R keys together immediately to boot into macOS Recovery Mode (alternatively, you can also hold down OPTION during boot and select Recovery from the boot menu)
How do I do a clean install of Mojave on Mac?
3: Create a bootable macOS Mojave installer
- Download new macOS from the App Store.
- When it’s finished, the installer will launch.
- Plug in the USB stick and launch Disk Utilities.
- Click the Erase tab and make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in the format tab.
- Give the USB stick a name then click Erase.
How do I install Windows on a new SSD?
How to Install Windows 10 on SSD
- Step 1: Run EaseUS Partition Master, select “Migrate OS” from the top menu.
- Step 2: Select the SSD or HDD as the destination disk and click “Next”.
- Step 3: Preview the layout of your target disk.
- Step 4: A pending operation of migrating OS to SSD or HDD will be added.
How do I install OSX on an external hard drive?
- Download Mac OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.
- Connect the external hard drive you want to install OS X Lion on to your Mac.
- Navigate to Applications>Utilities> and double-click Disk Utility.
- Select the hard drive you connected from the pane on the left within Disk Utility.
How do I reinstall Mac from scratch?
Choose Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from the Utilities window. Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions to choose your disk and begin installation. If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
How do I reinstall original Mac OS?
Step 4: Reinstall a clean Mac operating system
- Restart your Mac.
- While the startup disc is waking up, hold down the Command+R keys simultaneously.
- Click on Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X where applicable) to reinstall the operating system that came with your Mac.
- Click on Continue.
How do I download OSX?
Downloading Mac OS X from Mac App Store
- Open the Mac App Store (choose Store > Sign In if you need to log in).
- Click Purchased.
- Scroll down to find the copy of OS X or macOS you want.
- Click Install.
How do I reinstall El Capitan?
Once you’ve done that, here’s how to install, reinstall, or upgrade to El Capitan, step by step:
- Boot from your Recovery HD partition by restarting your Mac while holding down the Command+R keys.
- Select Reinstall OS X, and click Continue.
- Click Continue.
How do I reinstall OSX?
How to reinstall MacOS via Recovery
- Start up your Mac while holding down Command+R until you hear the startup chime and see either a spinning globe or Apple logo.
- A macOS Utilities window will open, on which you will see the options to Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall macOS, Get Help Online and Disk Utility.
Is Mac OS Sierra still available?
If you have hardware or software that isn’t compatible with macOS Sierra, you might be able to install the previous version, OS X El Capitan. macOS Sierra won’t install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
How do you run a clean install of macOS High Sierra?
How to Perform a Clean Install of macOS High Sierra
- Step 1: Backup Your Mac. As noted, we’re going to completely erase everything on the Mac.
- Step 2: Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Installer.
- Step 3: Erase and Reformat the Mac’s Boot Drive.
- Step 4: Install macOS High Sierra.
- Step 5: Restore Data, Files and Apps.
How do I install the latest Mac OS?
How to download and install macOS updates
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Select App Store from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update next to macOS Mojave in the Updates section of the Mac App Store.
Should I install macOS High Sierra?
Apple’s macOS High Sierra update is free to all users and there is no expiration on the free upgrade, so you don’t need to be in a rush to install it. Most apps and services will work on macOS Sierra for at least another year. While some are already updated for macOS High Sierra, others are still not quite ready.
How do I make a bootable USB for Mac?
The Easy Option: Disk Creator
- Download the macOS Sierra installer and Disk Creator.
- Insert an 8GB (or larger) flash drive.
- Open Disc Creator and click the “Select the OS X Installer” button.
- Find the Sierra installer file.
- Select your flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Create Installer.”
Does installing Mac OS Mojave delete everything?
The simplest is to run the macOS Mojave installer, which will install the new files over your existing operating system. It won’t alter your data, but only those files that are part of the system, as well as bundled Apple apps. Launch Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities) and erase the drive on your Mac.
Could not find installation information for this machine?
If you are installing mac os on a fresh Hard Drive then rather pressing cmd + R on startup, you need to press and hold only alt/opt key on system startup. In Recovery Mode you have to format your Disk using Disk Utility and Choose OS X Extended (Journaled) as drive format before you click Reinstall OS X.
Does installing Mac OS delete everything?
Technically speaking, simple reinstalling macOS won’t erase your disk either delete files. You probably don’t need to erase, unless you’re selling or giving away your Mac or having an issue that requires you to wipe.
Can you install an operating system on an external hard drive?
An external hard drive is a storage device that does not sit inside the computer’s chassis. Instead, it connects to the computer via a USB port. Installing Windows OS on an external hard drive is very similar to installing Windows or any other operating system on an internal hard drive.
Can I install Mac OS on a USB drive?
Download the macOS Sierra installation package from the Mac App Store. Once it has downloaded, follow these steps to create a USB bootable installer. Open Disk Utility (found in the Applications/Utilities folder), select the thumb drive in the sidebar and click the “Erase” button.
How do I make an external drive bootable?
Make a Bootable External Hard Drive and Install Windows 7/8
- Step 1: Format the Drive. Just place the flash drive in the USB port of your computer.
- Step 2: Mount The Windows 8 ISO Image Into A Virtual Drive.
- Step 3: Make The External Hard Disk Bootable.
- Step 5: Boot Off The External Hard Drive or USB Flash Drive.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”