If you want to let another user have administrator access, it’s simple to do. Select Settings > Accounts > Family & other users, click the account to which you want to give administrator rights, click Change account type, then click Account type. Choose Administrator and click OK.
How do I give administrator rights to another user in Windows 10?
How to change user account type using Settings
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other users.
- Under the “Your family” or “Other users” section, select the user account.
- Click the Change account type button. …
- Select the Administrator or Standard User account type. …
- Click the OK button.
How do I give guest admin privileges?
To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key. To activate the Guest account, type the command net user guest /active:yes and then press the Enter key.
How do I change administrator password to another user?
How to Reset Your Password with Another Admin Account in Windows 10
- Open the Windows Search Bar. …
- Then type Control Panel and hit enter.
- Click Change account type under User Accounts. …
- Select the user profile you would like to reset the password for.
- Click on Change password. …
- Enter the user’s new password twice.
6 дек. 2019 г.
How do I give myself full permissions in Windows 10?
Here’s how to take ownership and get full access to files and folders in Windows 10.
- MORE: How to Use Windows 10.
- Right-click on a file or folder.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Click “Change” next to the owner name.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Find Now.
How do I turn off administrator permissions in Windows 10?
How to disable the Windows 10 Administrator account through the user management tool
- Return to the Local Users And Groups window, and double-click the Administrator account.
- Check the box for Account Is Disabled.
- Click OK or Apply, and close the User Management window (Figure E).
17 февр. 2020 г.
How do I enable administrator password?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
14 янв. 2020 г.
How do I enable guest account?
Part 1: Turn on Guest account.
- Step 1: Click the Start button, type guest in the search box and tap Turn guest account on or off.
- Step 2: Click Guest in the Manage Accounts window.
- Step 3: Choose Turn on.
- Step 1: Click the Search button, input guest and tap Turn guest account on or off.
- Step 2: Tap Guest to continue.
How can I remove administrator password?
Click on Accounts. Select Sign-in options tab in the left pane, and then click the Change button under the “Password” section. Next, enter your current password and click Next. To remove your password, leave the password boxes blank and click Next.
What is administrator password?
An administrator (admin) password is the password to any Windows account that has administrator level access. … The steps involved in finding your admin password is essentially the same in each version of Windows.
How do I delete the guest account as administrator?
- Open an elevated administrator shell.
- Execute: net localgroup Administrators /del Guest.
- Check by doing: net localgroup Administrators.
How do I get administrator privileges on Windows?
If you are unable to open Command Prompt as an administrator, press “Windows-R” and type the command “runas /user:administrator cmd” (without the quotes) into the Run box. Press “Enter” to invoke the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
How do I give myself permission to access a file?
- Access the Properties dialog box.
- Select the Security tab. …
- Click Edit.
- In the Group or user name section, select the user(s) you wish to set permissions for.
- In the Permissions section, use the checkboxes to select the appropriate permission level.
- Click Apply.
- Click Okay.
1 мар. 2021 г.
How do I fix access denied on Windows 10?
Windows 10 “Access Denied” Folder Errors: 5 Easy Fixes
- Are You an Administrator? In the majority of cases, you’ll need to be an administrator on your PC to make changes to file/folder ownership. …
- Fix Access Denied Errors by Taking Ownership.
- Review Folder Permissions. …
- Double-Check Your Antivirus Settings. …
- Check for File Encryption.
6 дней назад