To see which version of macOS you have installed, click the Apple menu icon at the top left corner of your screen, and then select the “About This Mac” command.
The name and version number of your Mac’s operating system appears on the “Overview” tab in the About This Mac window.
How do I know the operating system of my Mac?
First, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From there, you can click ‘About this Mac’. You’ll now see a window in the middle of your screen with information about the Mac you’re using. As you can see, our Mac is running OS X Yosemite, which is version 10.10.3.
What is the latest version of Mac operating system?
Mac OS X & macOS version code names
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet) – 22 October 2013.
- OS X 10.10: Yosemite (Syrah) – 16 October 2014.
- OS X 10.11: El Capitan (Gala) – 30 September 2015.
- macOS 10.12: Sierra (Fuji) – 20 September 2016.
- macOS 10.13: High Sierra (Lobo) – 25 September 2017.
- macOS 10.14: Mojave (Liberty) – 24 September 2018.
What are the Mac operating systems in order?
macOS and OS X version code-names
- OS X 10 beta: Kodiak.
- OS X 10.0: Cheetah.
- OS X 10.1: Puma.
- OS X 10.2: Jaguar.
- OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Intel: Chardonay)
- OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
What version is OSX?
|OS X 10.11||El Capitan||September 30, 2015|
|macOS 10.12||Sierra||September 20, 2016|
|macOS 10.13||High Sierra||September 25, 2017|
|macOS 10.14||Mojave||September 24, 2018|
15 more rows
Is Mac OS Sierra still available?
If you have hardware or software that isn’t compatible with macOS Sierra, you might be able to install the previous version, OS X El Capitan. macOS Sierra won’t install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
How do I install the latest Mac OS?
How to download and install macOS updates
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Select App Store from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update next to macOS Mojave in the Updates section of the Mac App Store.
What version of OSX can my Mac run?
If you’re running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) or Lion (10.7) and your Mac supports macOS Mojave, you will need to upgrade to El Capitan (10.11) first. Click here for instructions.
What are the names of the Mac operating systems?
- Mac OS X Server 1.0 – code name Hera, also referred to as Rhapsody.
- Mac OS X Server 10.0 – code name Cheetah.
- Mac OS X Server 10.1 – code name Puma.
- Mac OS X Server 10.2 – code name Jaguar.
- Mac OS X Server 10.3 – code name Panther.
- Mac OS X Server 10.4 – code name Tiger.
How does Apple name their OS?
The last feline-named version of Apple’s Mac operating system was Mountain Lion. Then in 2013, Apple made a change. Following Mavericks was OS X Yosemite, which was named after Yosemite National Park.
What is the operating system for Mac?
Mac OS X
Can I install high Sierra on my Mac?
Apple’s next Mac operating system, MacOS High Sierra, is here. As with past OS X and MacOS releases, MacOS High Sierra is a free update and available via the Mac App Store. Learn if your Mac is compatible with MacOS High Sierra and, if so, how to prepare it before downloading and installing the update.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”