How do I change my printer from offline to online in Windows 10?
2] Change Printer Status
- Open Windows Settings (Win + 1)
- Navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select the printer of which you want to change the status, and then click on Open queue.
- In the Print Queue window, click on Printer Offline. …
- Confirm, and the status of the printer will be set to online.
How do I switch my printer from offline to online?
Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers. Right click the printer in question and select “See what’s printing”. From the window that opens choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top. Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop down menu.
How do I fix my printer offline Windows 10?
Printer Offline? 10 Fixes to Get It Back Online in Windows 10
- Check the Computer and Printer Connection. …
- Restart the Printer and Computer. …
- Run the Printer Troubleshooter. …
- Disable “Use Printer Offline” Mode. …
- Clear the Print Queue. …
- Set the Printer as Default. …
- Restart the Print Spooler Service. …
- Update the Printer Drivers.
Why does it say my printer is offline?
If your printer is showing an offline message, it means it’s having a hard time communicating with your computer. There can be a number of reasons for this, from connectivity issues, to a fault with your printer.
Why is my printer not responding to my computer?
If your printer fails to respond to a job: Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on. … Cancel all documents and try printing again. If your printer is attached by USB port, you may try connecting to other USB ports.
What do I do when my HP printer is offline?
Option 4 – Check your connection
- Restart your printer by turning it off, waiting 10 seconds, and disconnecting the power cord from your printer.
- Then, turn off your computer.
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer and turn the printer back on.
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router.
How do I fix printer offline problem?
Troubleshooting offline printer problems
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device. …
- Run a printer power cycle. …
- Set your printer as the default printer. …
- Clear the print queue. …
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue.
Why is my printer not working Windows 10?
Outdated printer drivers can cause the Printer not responding message to appear. However, you can fix that problem simply by installing the latest drivers for your printer. The simplest way to do that is to use the Device Manager. Windows will try to download a suitable driver for your printer.
How do I clear the print queue?
How do I clear the print queue if a document is stuck?
- On the host, open the Run window by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run window, type services. …
- Scroll down to Print Spooler.
- Right click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS and delete all files in the folder.