Try any of these methods to force your dead Android phone to restart. Press and hold the Power button for 8 – 10 seconds. OR, Press the Power + Volume down (or up) button for 8 – 10 seconds.
How do I start a dead android phone?
Press and hold the power button for a few seconds. On your screen, tap Restart , or press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, until your phone restarts.
How do I fix my Android screen it wont turn on?
Here are the steps you can take if your Android won’t start.
- Soft Reset. Your device might need a soft reset. …
- Pull the Battery (if possible) …
- Check for Stuck Buttons. …
- Remove Connected Hardware. …
- Ensure Device Has Enough Power. …
- Start in Safe Mode. …
- Factory Hard Reset. …
How do you turn on a dead phone?
How to Turn on a Phone With a Dead Battery
- Plug in a charging jack to a wall outlet or surge protector. …
- Look for a battery-charging status light. …
- Unplug the charger and remove the back cover of the phone. …
- Reconnect the charger, wait a few seconds and then press the power button on the phone.
How much does it cost to fix a phone screen Samsung?
Galaxy accidental damage screen replacement pricing
|Galaxy S10 Lite||$179.00|
What is phone dead?
A phone is considered to be dead when it becomes completely unresponsive and refuses to switch on. Similarly, an Android phone is said to be dead when it does not boot up. You may try to switch it on several times by pressing the power button but in vain.
How do you unlock a dead Samsung phone?
If the device doesn’t power on or is unresponsive, attempt the following: Press and hold the Power button and Volume button for 30 seconds. Plug the device into a manufacturer-approved wall charger and wait 1 hour. The battery charging indicator may take up to 10 minutes to appear on the phone’s screen.
How can I secretly destroy my phone?
The great thing about hard resets is that it can destroy your phone without any physical damage – only the data within the phone with be wiped. For Android: Press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time. Press and hold the power button until a black menu screen will appear.
How do I reset my Android phone when the screen is black?
Factory reset to fix black screen issues
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the volume down and power button until the Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Navigate using volume keys and select using the power key.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm.
Why is my phone working but the screen is black?
If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again. … Depending on the model Android phone you have you may need to use some combination of buttons to force restart the phone, including: Press & hold the Home, Power, & Volume Down/Up buttons.
What do I do if I dropped my phone and the screen is black?
What to Do When Your Smartphone Screen Goes Black
- Try a Hard Reset. To fix a black screen on an iPhone or Android, the first (and easiest) step is to do a hard reset. …
- Check the LCD Cable. …
- Perform a Factory Reset. …
- Take Your iPhone or Android to NerdsToGo.