What is activate device administrator app?
“Device administrator is a built-in security feature of exchange that allows the device to be wiped remotely if lost or stolen. It also allows the domain administrator to apply custom policies to the device.
What does device administrator do?
Device Administrator is an Android feature that gives Total Defense Mobile Security the permissions needed to perform certain tasks remotely. Without these privileges, remote lock would not work and device wipe would not be able to completely remove your data.
How do I activate device administrator?
How do I enable or disable a device administrator app?
- Go to Settings.
- Do one of the following: Tap Security & location > Device admin apps. Tap Security > Device admin apps. Tap Security > Device administrators.
- Tap a device administrator app.
- Choose whether to activate or deactivate the app.
How do I activate a device administrator in Outlook?
8. When prompted, enter your email account password, then tap Sign In. 10. On the “Activate device administrator” screen, tap Activate and on the Outlook Device Policy screen, tap Activate again.
What happens if we activate device administrator?
Like other MDM software, Device Administrator applications can set policies on usage of the phone. They can enforce password complexity requirements, automatically lock the device, disable installed applications, and even wipe the device, all without any confirmation or approval from the user.
How do I find my device administrator?
Go to your phone Settings and tap on “Security & privacy option.” Look for “Device administrators” and press it. You would see the applications that have device administrator rights.
How do I contact my administrator?
How to contact your admin
- Select the Subscriptions tab.
- Select the Contact my Admin button at the top right.
- Enter the message for your admin.
- If you’d like to receive a copy of the message sent to your admin, choose the Send me a copy checkbox.
- Finally, select Send.
How do I bypass device administrator on Android?
How to Disable Administrator Privileges
- Go to your phone’s settings and then click on “Security.”
- You’ll see “Device Administration” as a security category. …
- Click the app you want to remove and confirm that you want to deactivate administrator privileges.
- Go back to settings to view all of your apps.
What is screen lock service administrator?
Screen Lock Service is a device administrator feature of Google Play Services app. If you disable it, Google Play Services app would re-enable it without seeking your authentication. Its purpose is not documented on Google Support / Answers as of now.
How do I set up an administrator account on my Android?
Manage user access
- Open the Google Admin app .
- If necessary, switch to your administrator account: Tap Menu Down Arrow. …
- Tap Menu. …
- Tap Add. …
- Enter the user’s details.
- If your account has multiple domains associated with it, tap the list of domains and select the domain you want to add the user.