You can install Windows 7 alongside Windows 8, which allows you to choose which one you want to use when your computer turns on. … This allows you to use Windows 7 and Windows 8 at the same time on one computer. Finally, if you just want to go back, you can reinstall Windows 7, wiping out Windows 8 in the process.
How do I install Windows 7 on a Windows 8 computer?
Insert the Windows 8 Installation DVD into the DVD drive, then press the F10 key to save configuration and exit. Select Yes. Follow the instructions on the screen to restart the computer. Follow the instructions of Windows 8 installation DVD to install Windows 8.
Can I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7?
There are no downgrade rights for retail versions of Windows 8. If you installed Windows 8 on a computer that used to have Windows 7 (or other older version), you do not have downgrade rights. You’ll need an unused Windows 7 retail key to downgrade.
How do I install Windows 7 on a Windows 8 HP laptop?
When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD:
As soon as you press the power-on button, start hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap). Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the thumb drive or the DVD as a boot option. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows.
How do I uninstall Windows 8 and install Windows 7?
Once into the Boot Options menu, you will first find “Secure Boot” and disable it. Still in the Boot Options menu, find “Legacy Boot” and change it to enabled. You will now be able to boot into your Windows 7 installation media.
How can I change my Windows 7 to Windows 8 for free?
Insert the Windows 8 Installation Disc* in your DVD or BD reading device. Wait for the AutoPlay windows to pop up. Click “Run setup.exe” to continue. You should obtain this installation disc though Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade Program or a direct purchase of the retail box package.
Is Windows 8.1 still safe to use?
For now, if you want to, absolutely; it’s still very much a safe operating system to use. … Not only is Windows 8.1 pretty safe to use as-is, but as people are proving with Windows 7, you can kit out your operating system with cybersecurity tools to keep it safe.
Can I use Windows 8 product key for Windows 7?
This means, a Windows 8.1 Professional key will not work on a Windows 8.1 Home or Enterprise version. Nor will it work with windows 7, Vista or any other version, with the exception of Windows 10, which, until end of juli 2016 will accept windows 7 and 8 keys and convert them to windows 10 installation id’s.
How do I downgrade to Windows 8?
Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,Go back to Windows 8.1, select Get started. By following the prompts, you’ll keep your personal files but remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, plus any changes you made to settings.
How do I downgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 with USB?
- Find the bootable DVD or disk of Windows 7 or Windows 8/ 8.1. …
- Insert the Windows 7/ Windows 8/ 8.1 disc into the DVD/USB drive, and restart/switch on the computer.
- You need to make sure that you alter the booting process. …
- Press any key when you’re asked to press a key to enable booting from your DVD or USB drive.
How can I install Window 7?
Installing Windows 7 is straightforward—if you’re doing a clean install, simply boot up your computer with the Windows 7 installation DVD inside the DVD drive and instruct your computer to boot from the DVD (you may need to press a key, such as F11 or F12, while the computer is starting to enter the boot selection …
How do I install Windows 8 on my HP desktop?
Use the following instructions to set up the drive for Windows 8.1. Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your computer model number. Select Windows 8.1 from the menu. Download and install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (version 11.5.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
1 июн. 2020 г.
Can I remove Windows 10 and install Windows 7?
As long as you’ve upgraded within the last month, you can uninstall Windows 10 and downgrade your PC back to its original Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 operating system. You can always upgrade to Windows 10 again later.
How do I install Windows 7 preinstalled on Windows 10?
Anyway, if you’re still interested in Windows 7 then:
- Download windows 7 or purchase official CD/DVD of windows 7.
- Make a CD or USB bootable for installation.
- Enter the bios menu of your device. In most devices, it is F10 or F8.
- After that select your bootable device.
- Follow instructions and your Windows 7 will be ready.
28 июл. 2015 г.
How do I remove Windows 10 and install Windows 7?
How to uninstall Windows 10 using the recovery option
- Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery.
- If you’re still within the first month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you’ll see the “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go to back to Windows 8” section.
21 июл. 2016 г.