Unfortunately, if you pop a DVD into your Windows 10 computer, you may bump into trouble because Windows 10 Media Player doesn’t support regular DVDs. … Microsoft offers a Windows DVD Player app, but it costs $15 and has generated a number of poor reviews. A better option lies in free, third-party programs.
Does Windows 10 have a built in DVD player?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. For more info, see Windows DVD Player Q&A. … If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store.
How do I make Windows 10 My default DVD player?
go to the search bar next to the windows menu and type in video. an option will appear to choose default players.
- Open the Video files.
- Right click on it and click on Properties.
- Now click on Change.
- Select Windows Media Player from the list and click on OK.
- Now click on Apply and click OK.
How do I get my Windows 10 to play DVDs automatically?
In the Control Panel, type DVD in the search box. Click on the Play CDs or other media automatically under the AutoPlay category. In the AutoPlay window, scroll down until you see the DVD category. Choose an action for all different types of the DVD media.
Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
What is a good DVD player for Windows 10?
Best Free DVD Players for Windows 10
- VLC Media Player by VideoLan. Over the course of the last two decades, VLC has established itself as one of the most versatile media players ever created. …
- PotPlayer. …
- BlazeDVD. …
- 5KPlayer. …
- GOM Media Player. …
- MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) …
- KMPlayer. …
- PowerDVD 19.
Where is media player in Windows 10?
Windows Media Player in Windows 10. To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R.
How do you change what happens when I insert a DVD Windows 10?
In Windows 10, you can set AutoPlay defaults for devices and media, such as DVD, CD, videos, and photos.
How do I change the default action for my DVD player?
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > AutoPlay.
- Configure your default settings for each media or option by clicking the drop-down menu. …
- Click Save.
16 янв. 2018 г.
How do I make VLC my default DVD player in Windows 10?
How to Make VLC the Default Player in Windows 10
- Click the Start button. The Start button is the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Then click Settings. …
- Next, click Apps.
- Then click Default apps. …
- Next, click the button under Video player. …
- Select VLC from the list.
5 февр. 2020 г.
How do I make Windows 10 AutoPlay pop up?
To enable or disable AutoPlay on Windows 10 with Control Panel, use these steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on AutoPlay.
- Check the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices option to enable AutoPlay. (Or clear the option to disable the feature.)
19 авг. 2019 г.
How do I manually start AutoPlay?
Manually summoning AutoPlay
- Press Win + E to summon a File Explorer window.
- In Windows 10, choose This PC from the list of locations on the left side of the window. …
- Right-click the drive icon representing the media you inserted.
- Choose Open AutoPlay from the pop-up menu.
How do I change my DVD settings in Windows 10?
Click “Properties” in the context menu. Switch to the “Hardware” tab of the Properties popup; select your drive in the list and press the “Properties” button. Press the “Change settings” button on the next screen. Switch to the “DVD Region” tab, select your new region from the list and press “OK”.
What replaces Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Part 3. Other 4 Free Alternatives to Windows Media Player
- VLC Media Player. Developed by VideoLAN Project, VLC is a free and open-source multimedia player that supports playing all types of video formats, DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs, and streaming protocols. …
- KMPlayer. …
- GOM Media Player. …
25 мар. 2021 г.
Why will my laptop not play a DVD?
First, make sure that the computer’s optical drive is capable of reading DVD media. … If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. The Windows Media Player plugin is sold for a fee.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
To play a CD or DVD
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.