Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button. Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted. Continue the setup process until it begins downloading Windows 8.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop?
- Insert the Windows 8 DVD or USB Memory key into your system and restart your computer. …
- When the menu appears, select the appropriate device to boot from, ie. …
- Windows 8 Setup appears.
- Select Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method and select Next.
- Select Install Now.
How do I download and install Windows 8.1 for free?
To do so, navigate to the Start screen, click or tap the Windows Store tile access the Your apps section of the Store, and select all the apps you want to install before tapping or clicking Install. Like the Windows 8.1 update, the apps will automatically download in the background while you work.
How can I upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 for free?
Install the update manually
- Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet using a non-metered connection. …
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check now.
How can I install Windows 8 online on my laptop?
Here’s how to download the official Windows 8.1 ISO:
- Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button.
- Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted.
21 окт. 2013 г.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
1 июн. 2020 г.
Is Windows 8 good for laptops?
Faster all round
On any given box, Windows 8 runs better than Windows 7. That’s quite something when you consider that Windows 7 also runs faster than Windows Vista. Designed to run on tablets and ultrabooks, Windows 8 is lean and mean, and that means it’ll fly on a traditional desktop or laptop machine.
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
- Locate, and then select your Windows 8 ISO file. …
- Select Next.
23 окт. 2020 г.
How do I install Windows 8 on my HP laptop?
Use the following instructions to set up the drive for Windows 8.1. Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your computer model number. Select Windows 8.1 from the menu. Download and install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (version 11.5.
Can Windows 8 be downloaded for free?
If you’re using Windows 8, upgrading to Windows 8.1 is both easy and free. If you’re using another operating system (Windows 7, Windows XP, OS X), you can either buy a boxed version ($120 for normal, $200 for Windows 8.1 Pro), or opt for one of the free methods listed below.
How do I install Windows 8.1 without a product key?
The fastest and easiest way to install Windows 8.1 without a product key is by creating a Windows installation USB drive. We need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft if we haven’t already. Then, we can use a 4GB or larger USB flash drive and an app, such as Rufus, to create a Windows 8.1 installation USB.
Is Windows 8.1 still safe to use?
For now, if you want to, absolutely; it’s still very much a safe operating system to use. … Not only is Windows 8.1 pretty safe to use as-is, but as people are proving with Windows 7, you can kit out your operating system with cybersecurity tools to keep it safe.
How do I update from Windows 7 to Windows 8?
Press Start → All Programs. When the program list shows, find “Windows Update” and click to execute. Click “Check for updates” to download the necessary updates. Install updates for your system.
How can I upgrade to Windows 8 for free?
Get the free update
The Store is no longer open for Windows 8, so you’ll need to download Windows 8.1 as a free update. Go to the Windows 8.1 download page and select your Windows edition. Select Confirm and follow the remaining prompts to begin the download.
Should I upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 7?
Either way, it’s a good update. If you like Windows 8, then 8.1 makes it faster and better. The benefits include improved multitasking and multi-monitor support, better apps, and “universal search”. If you like Windows 7 more than Windows 8, the upgrade to 8.1 provides controls that make it more like Windows 7.