To check this, go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services. Scroll through the list of apps until you get to Find iPhone. This should be set to While Using the App.
Can I use Find My iPhone on a Windows computer?
Find My iPhone is an iCloud feature that allows you to locate lost or misplaced Apple devices, including iPads, AirPods, Apple Watches, Macs, and of course, iPhones. Because it works via iCloud, Find My iPhone can be accessed by logging in to your iCloud account using a web browser on any Mac or PC.
Can you turn on Find My iPhone from a computer?
Question: Q: turn on find my iphone via computer
how do i turn on find my iphone via the computer? If Find My iPhone was not turned on before your iPhone was lost or stolen, then it cannot be turned on remotely afterwards, via a computer.
How do I connect my iPhone to my Windows 7 computer?
Click the Start menu orb and type bluetooth into the search box. From the list of Control Panel results, Click Add a Bluetooth device. A new window should pop-up, and in the middle of the window will be a white box where your iPhone or iPod should appear. Select your device and then Click Next.
How do I set up Find My iPhone on Windows?
How to Set Up Find My Device in Windows 10
- Select Settings.
- Tap Update & security.
- Select Find My Device. …
- Tap Change. …
- Switch “Save my device’s location periodically” on.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account name and password.
- Select Find My Device.
How do I get my iPhone to connect to my computer?
Sync your content using Wi-Fi
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. Learn what to do if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
- Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.”
- Click Apply.
How do I turn Find My iPhone on?
How to turn on Find My for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Find My.
- If you want friends and family to know where you are, turn on Share My Location.
- Tap Find My [device], then turn on Find My [device].
- To see your device even when it’s offline, turn on Find My network.*
How do I turn on Find my phone on my computer?
How to set up Find My Device on Windows 10. From the Windows 10 desktop, open the Start menu, then go to Settings > Update & Security > Find My Device. Click Change, then select the device you want to track. You may be asked to turn on location tracking.
How do I locate a device on my computer?
How to locate the device name on windows
- Windows Logo key + Break key.
- Right click My Computer/This PC > Properties.
- Control panel > System and Security> System.
Why can’t my iPhone connect to my computer?
Often, the failure of your iPhone to connect to your computer simply results from a faulty cable. As such, you should make sure you’re using the cable supplied with your iPhone, or at least an official Apple cable you purchased separately. Check the USB port. Try plugging the iPhone into a different USB port.