How do I change my default printer?
To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default.
How do I change my default PDF printer in Windows 7?
Change the default printer on Windows
- Choose Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) or Start > Control Panel > Printer (Windows Vista, 7, 8).
- A check mark indicates the current default printer. …
- Choose Set As Default Printer from the menu.
How do I change the default printer for all users in Windows 7?
Open Start > Settings > Printers & Faxes.
- Right click printer, select Properties.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Click Printing Defaults button.
- Change the settings.
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 7?
The reason the default printer keeps changing is that Windows automatically assumes that the last printer you used is your new favorite. … Outdated software, faulty drivers or even corrupt registry entries could be causing the problem and giving you a set default printer error.
How do I change the default printer in the registry?
Simple Steps For How to Set Default Printer Windows 7 Registry
- Click the Start button and type regedit on the search field. …
- Move to the Computer HKEY_CURRENT – USER Software Microsoft Windows NT Current Version Devices.
- Locate the target printer in the list of available devices in the right pane.
Why does Windows 10 keep changing my default printer?
If your default printer keeps changing, you might want to prevent Windows from managing your default printer. To do that, just follow these steps: Go to Settings > click on the Devices icon. Click on Printers & scanners on the left side > turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.
How do I add or reinstall PDF printer in Windows 7?
Solution 2: Manually install the PDF Printer
- Click Start > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Select Add a printer.
- In the Add a Device dialog box, select Add a local printer. …
- In the Add Printer dialog box, select Add a Local Printer or Network printer with Manual Settings.
Does Windows 7 have print to PDF?
If you’re using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, you can print to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer printer to create an XPS file from the document. You’ll have the document in the form of an XPS file you can take with you. … This will create a PDF file with the same contents as your XPS file.
How do I enable the Print option on a PDF?
Print to PDF (Windows)
- Open a file in a Windows application.
- Choose File > Print.
- Choose Adobe PDF as the printer in the Print dialog box. To customize the Adobe PDF printer setting, click the Properties (or Preferences) button. …
- Click Print. Type a name for your file, and click Save.
How do I change printer driver settings?
- Click the [Start] button and select [Control Panels] and then [Printer] …
- Click the icon of the printer driver of the machine. …
- Click the [Organize] menu, and then click [Properties] …
- Click the [Printing Preferences] button in the [General] tab. …
- Configure the settings and click the [OK] button.
How do I change my default HP printer settings?
Follow these steps to change your printer’s default settings:
- Type “Devices” into the main search bar at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the results list.
- Right click on the appropriate printer icon.
- Select “Printing Preferences”
- Change print settings, click “OK”
- Ready, set, print!
How do you fix printer settings could not be saved?
From the File menu, click Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Clear the Enable advanced printing features option. Click Apply to save the change.