How do I download and install PHP on Linux?
Install PHP on Linux
- aptitude install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 and to restart apache web server (we used version 2) /etc/init.d/apache2.
- Install PHP on CentOS Linux.
- Prerequisite and Installation.
- Restart apache:
- Previous: Installing php and php extensions on windows. Next: Install PHP on IIS in Windows 7.
How do I get PHP on Linux?
How to check the PHP version on Linux
- Open a bash shell terminal and use the command “php –version” or “php -v” to get the version of PHP installed on the system. …
- You can also check for the package versions installed on the system to get the PHP version. …
- Let’s create a PHP file with content as shown below.
How do I download PHP?
How to Install PHP
- Step 1: Download the PHP files. You’ll need the PHP Windows installer. …
- Step 2: Extract the files. …
- Step 3: Configure php. …
- Step 4: Add C:php to the path environment variable. …
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module. …
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
How do I download PHP on Ubuntu?
Installing PHP 7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04
- Start by enabling the Ondrej PHP repository: sudo apt install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php.
- Install PHP 7.3 and some of the most common PHP modules: sudo apt install php7.3 php7.3-common php7.3-opcache php7.3-cli php7.3-gd php7.3-curl php7.3-mysql.
Can PHP run on Linux?
How do I know if PHP is installed Linux?
Checking and printing PHP version installed on your Linux and Unix server
- Open the terminal prompt and then type the following commands.
- Login to the server using the ssh command. …
- Display PHP version, run: php –version OR php-cgi –version.
- To print PHP 7 version, type: php7 –version OR php7-cgi –version.
Where is PHP executable Linux?
1. Check PHP Install Path On Linux. The whereis command returns the executable file path. From below example, we can see the PHP executable file path is /usr/bin/php , and it is linked to /www/server/php/73/bin/php file ( this is the real PHP executable file ).
Is PHP installed on my computer?
1. Type the following command, replacing [location] with the path to your PHP installation. 2. Typing php -v now shows the PHP version installed on your Windows system.
Where do I run PHP code?
Run Your First PHP Script
- Go to XAMPP server directory. I’m using Windows, so my root server directory is “C:xampphtdocs”.
- Create hello.php. Create a file and name it ” hello.php “
- Code Inside hello. php. …
- Open New Tab. Run it by opening a new tab in your browser.
- Load hello.php. …
- Output. …
- Create a Database. …
- Create a Table.
Do I need to download PHP?
No, if you installed a web server (e.g. Apache) on your computer it will not include PHP. You need to install it if you need it. There are apps such as WAMP and XAMPP that will install Apache, MySQL and PHP on your computer without any hassle.
Is PHP free software?
PHP is a general-purpose scripting language geared towards web development. … The standard PHP interpreter, powered by the Zend Engine, is free software released under the PHP License. PHP has been widely ported and can be deployed on most web servers on almost every operating system and platform, free of charge.