Right-click the sound device name and select Enable to re-enable the device. Go to the next step if problems continue after enabling the device. If a sound device is listed, right-click the device name and select Properties to view more helpful troubleshooting information in the Device Status window.
How do I enable a Sound device in Windows 8?
To Enable the Device:
- Navigate to the Playback Devices.
- Right click on the area where Devices were listed.
- Choose “Show Disabled Devices”
- Disabled devices will be shown.
- Right click the device and select “Enable”
- Now your speakers will be enabled.
How do I fix my audio device is disabled Windows 8?
Solution 2: Enabling audio device in device manager
- Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt. msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the device manager, right-click on the audio device which is disabled and select “Enable device”.
How do I fix my disabled audio device?
What to do if my audio device is disabled?
- Use Command Prompt.
- Use Registry Editor.
- Make sure that your audio device is enabled.
- Check if the audio device is enabled in Device Manager.
- Uninstall your audio driver.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Reset Windows 10.
How do I get my audio device back on my computer?
Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it. Right-click the listing for your sound card or audio device, then select Properties. Select the Driver tab, then select Roll Back Driver. Read and follow the instructions and then select Yes if you want to roll back your audio driver.
How do I enable my audio device?
Re-enable audio device
- Open Control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
- Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Right click on the device and Enable it.
How do I enable my audio driver?
Update audio drivers on Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu and type in Device Manager. …
- Search for Sound, video and game controllers. …
- Double-click on the audio entry and switch over to the Driver tab. …
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
Why is my Sound disabled on my PC?
The reasons why there is no sound on your computer normally are the hardware faculty, the wrong audio settings or the missing or outdated audio driver in your computer. Don’t worry. You can try the solutions below to troubleshoot and fix no sound on computer issue and have your computer back in track.
How do I enable a disabled device?
How to enable devices using Device Manager
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
- Expand the category with the device that you want to enable.
- Right-click the device, and select the Enable device option. …
- Click the Yes button to confirm.
Why is my audio service not running?
This problem is probably the improper status of the Windows audio service and any other of its dependencies. Correcting the status can solve your problem. To modify the audio related services settings: On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
Where is sound card in Device Manager?
Using the Windows Key shortcut
Press the Windows key + Pause key. In the window that appears, select Device Manager. Click the Arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers. Your sound card is in the list that appears.
Why is my sound card not detected?
Try updating audio card drivers and the BIOS for your computer if no sound card is being detected. … Download updated drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website, or contact the manufacturer directly if you require further assistance with updating the BIOS or audio card drivers.
Why is my audio device not detected?
If you’re experiencing the “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” error, it might be because of your audio drivers. … Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose Update Driver. Allow Windows 10 to look for the newest driver on your local computer or online, then follow any on-screen instructions.
Why is there no audio device installed?
As mentioned, the “no audio output device is installed in Windows 10” error happens due to a corrupted or outdated driver. Therefore, the best way to fix this error is to update your sound drivers. You can update drivers manually, but it can be somewhat a daunting task.