So, go to Start and type services. msc in the Search box. Then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to run as a Administrator. Once it opens, go to Windows Audio service and double-click on it.
How do I enable audio service in Windows 7?
For Windows 7, I used this and hope it will work for all Windows flavors:
- Right click on My Computer.
- Chose Manage.
- Select Device Manager in the left panel.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Find your audio driver and right click on it.
- Chose Disable.
- Right click on the audio driver again.
- Chose Enable.
25 февр. 2014 г.
How do I fix the audio service is not running Windows 7?
To fix it, follow the instructions below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type services. …
- Right-click Windows Audio, then Properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic, then click OK.
- Right-click Windows Audio, then Restart.
How do I enable Windows Audio Service?
How to Enable Windows Audio
- Open the Windows Computer Management tool. This is found by clicking Start Menu > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Scroll down the list until you find “Windows Audio,” and click on it. …
- Check the value in the 4th column of the line of the Windows Audio Service. …
- Click Start > Run. …
Why the audio service is not running?
Running the Device Manager. In the device manager, expand the “Sound, Video and Game Controllers” option. … After the driver finishes uninstalling, click on the “Scan for Hardware Changes” option and the device manager will automatically reinstall this driver. Check to see if the issue still persists.
How do I restart my sound service Windows 7?
Double-click “Sound, Video and Game Controllers.” Right-click the sound driver and click “Enable” to restart the device.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How to Turn Sound on the Computer for Windows
- Click the “Speaker” icon in the lower-right notification area of the taskbar. The Sound Mixer launches.
- Click the “Speaker” button on the Sound Mixer if the sound is muted. …
- Move the slider up to increase the volume and down to decrease the sound.
What do I do when my audio service is not responding?
A simple restart might reboot its configurations and solve the issue at hand.
- Press Windows + R, type “services. msc”, and press Enter.
- Once in services, navigate through all the entries until you find “Windows Audio”. Right-click on it and select “Restart”.
Why does my computer does not have sound?
First, check to make sure Windows is using the correct device for speaker output by clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar. … If using external speakers, make sure they are powered on. Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up.
How do I fix Windows sound?
If this doesn’t help, continue to the next tip.
- Run the audio troubleshooter. …
- Verify that all Windows Updates are installed. …
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections. …
- Check sound settings. …
- Fix your audio drivers. …
- Set your audio device as the default device. …
- Turn off audio enhancements.
How do I enable audio service?
2 fixes for ‘The Audio Service is not running’:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type services. …
- Click Windows Audio, then Restart.
- Right-click Windows Audio, then select Properties.
- Set the Startup to Automatic.
11 мар. 2021 г.
How do I enable audio?
To Enable or Disable Sound Output Device in Settings (Device properties)
- Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
- Click/tap on Sound on the left side, select the sound output device (ex: speakers) under Output on the right side, and click/tap on the Device properties link. (
22 мар. 2020 г.
How do I reinstall Realtek HD Audio?
To do this, go to the Device Manager by either right clicking the start button or typing “device manager” into the start menu. Once you’re there, scroll down to “Sound, video and game controllers” and find “Realtek High Definition Audio”. Once you do, go ahead and right click it and select “Uninstall device”.
How do I restart my audio service?
2. Restart the Windows Audio Service
- Press Windows key & R together then type Services. msc in the empty bar and hit Enter.
- When the Services window opens up, locate Windows Audio Services.
- Once found, right-click on the same and select Restart.
- Now double click on the same services to launch the Properties window.
Why does my laptop say the audio service is not running?
This problem is probably the improper status of the Windows audio service and any other of its dependencies. Correcting the status can solve your problem. and R at the same time to invoke the Run box. 3) Click Windows Audio, then Restart.
How do I fix No audio output device Windows 10?
Enable the audio device in Windows 10 and 8
- Right-click the notification area speaker icon , and then select Troubleshoot sound problems.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next to start the troubleshooter.
- If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix, and then test for sound.