In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
Fast Boot in BIOS reduces computer boot time. With Fast Boot enabled: You can’t press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
What to do when you cant get into BIOS?
Configuring the BIOS in Windows 10 to solve ‘Can’t Enter BIOS’ Issue:
- Start with navigating to the settings. …
- You then have to select Update and Security.
- Move to ‘Recovery’ from the left menu.
- You then have to click on ‘Restart’ under the advanced startup. …
- Choose to troubleshoot.
- Move to the advanced options.
How do I force BIOS in Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How do you force a computer to start?
Use the power button
- Locate your computer’s Power button.
- Press and hold that button until your computer shuts down.
- Wait until you hear the computer’s fans shut off, and your screen goes completely black.
- Wait a few seconds before pressing and holding the power button to initiate your computer’s normal startup.
Why is my BIOS not showing up?
You may have selected the quick boot or the boot logo settings accidentally, which replaces the BIOS display to make the system boot faster. I’d most probably try to clear the CMOS battery (removing it and then putting it back in).
What to do if F12 is not working?
Resolve unexpected Function (F1 – F12) or other special key behavior on a Microsoft keyboard
- The NUM LOCK key.
- The INSERT key.
- The PRINT SCREEN key.
- The SCROLL LOCK key.
- The BREAK key.
- The F1 key through the F12 FUNCTION keys.
What is F12 boot menu?
If a Dell computer is unable to boot into the Operating System (OS), the BIOS update can be initiated using the F12 One Time Boot menu. … If you see, “BIOS FLASH UPDATE” listed as a boot option, then the Dell computer supports this method of updating the BIOS using the One Time Boot menu.
How do I reset my BIOS settings?
How to reset BIOS settings on Windows PCs
- Navigate to the Settings tab under your Start menu by clicking the gear icon.
- Click the Update & Security option and select Recovery from the left sidebar.
- You should see a Restart now option below the Advanced Setup heading, click this whenever you’re ready.
What do you do if your computer won’t boot up?
What to Do When Your Computer Won’t Start
- Give It More Power. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Check Your Monitor. (Photo: Zlata Ivleva) …
- Listen for the Beep. (Photo: Michael Sexton) …
- Unplug Unnecessary USB Devices. …
- Reseat the Hardware Inside. …
- Explore the BIOS. …
- Scan for Viruses Using a Live CD. …
- Boot Into Safe Mode.
Why does my PC turn on but no display?
If your computer starts but displays nothing, you should check is if your monitor is working properly. Check the power light of your monitor to verify that it’s turned on. If your monitor won’t turn on, unplug the power adapter of your monitor, and then plug it back into the power outlet.
How do I boot to Safe Mode in UEFI BIOS?
Switch the computer on and off repeatedly with the power button. When nothing else works on your Windows 10 computer, you can try to open the UEFI blue screen by repeatedly and quickly turning the computer on and off using the power button. You’ll then be able to initiate a restart in safe mode.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
I – Hold the Shift key and restart
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
What is the boot menu key for Windows 10?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts.