How do I change my default boot OS?
Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. …
- Click either box to finish the process.
How do I switch Ubuntu to boot?
As you boot you may have to hit F9 or F12 to get a “boot menu” which will select which OS to boot. You may have to enter your bios / uefi and select which OS to boot. Look in the location where you selected to boot from the USB.
How do I make Ubuntu default grub bootloader?
Pressing ENTER/Return when OS boot Manager is selected will reveal the installed boot managers, like the GRUB and Windows 10 boot managers shown in Figure 2. Use the F5/F6 key to make GRUB the default, if it’s not already the default. Follow that by pressing the F10 key, then Yes to the prompt to save and exit.
How do I change boot options?
To edit boot options in Windows, use BCDEdit (BCDEdit.exe), a tool included in Windows. To use BCDEdit, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the computer. You can also use the System Configuration utility (MSConfig.exe) to change boot settings.
How do I choose which OS to boot?
To Choose Default OS in System Configuration (msconfig)
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog, type msconfig into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Configuration.
- Click/tap on the Boot tab, select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the “default OS”, click/tap on Set as default, and click/tap on OK. (
Can we install Ubuntu without USB?
You can use UNetbootin to install Ubuntu 15.04 from Windows 7 into a dual boot system without the use of a cd/dvd or a USB drive.
How do I switch from one operating system to another?
To change the default OS Setting in Windows:
- In Windows, choose Start > Control Panel. …
- Open the Startup Disk control panel.
- Select the startup disk with the operating system you want to use by default.
- If you want to start up that operating system now, click Restart.
Where is super button Ubuntu?
When you press the Super key, the Activities overview is displayed. This key can usually be found on the bottom-left of your keyboard, next to the Alt key, and usually has a Windows logo on it. It is sometimes called the Windows key or system key.
How do I change the boot order in Linux?
Command line method
Step 1: Open up a terminal window (CTRL+ALT+T). Step 2: Find the Windows entry number in the boot loader. In the screenshot below, you’ll see that “Windows 7…” is the fifth entry, but since entries start at 0, the actual entry number is 4. Change the GRUB_DEFAULT from 0 to 4, then save the file.
How do I change Ubuntu default to dual boot?
When Grub Customizer opens, do:
- navigate to General settings tab.
- Select an OS entry as default from the drop-down box after ‘predefined’
- You may also change other settings: menu timeout, kernel parameters, font, background image, etc.
- Finally click the Save button to apply changes.
Should I use grub or Windows bootloader?
Depends, both work well, use the one you feel most comfortable with. If you want support from the Linux / Ubuntu community , use grub. If you use the windows boot loader, your support will be either Microsoft or the Windows community.
How do I edit the boot menu in Windows 10?
To change the boot menu timeout on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on About.
- Under the “Related settings” section, click the Advanced system settings option. …
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under the “Startup and Recovery” section, click the Settings button.
How do I change Windows boot options?
From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from, such as a USB drive, DVD, or network boot.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”. Windows will automatically start in advanced boot options after a short delay.