Click Start and type: file explorer options and hit Enter or click the option at the top of the search results. Now in the Privacy section make sure both boxes are checked for recently used files and folder in Quick Access and click the Clear button. That’s it.
How do I reset the Quick Access toolbar in Windows 10?
Reset Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Close all File Explorer windows.
- Go to the following Registry key. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerRibbon. See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, delete the string value called QatItems.
24 июл. 2017 г.
How do I fix quick access?
Step 1: Launch File Explorer, click on View > Options > Change folder and search options. Now you opened Folder Options. Step 2: Uncheck the two options “Show recently used files in Quick Access” and “Show frequently used folders in Quick Access” under Privacy. Click “Clear” to clear File Explorer history.
Where are the win 10 quick access settings stored?
The Windows 10 Quick Access settings are found in File Explorer’s Folder Options interface. To get there, open a File Explorer window and navigate to the View tab at the top. Once on the View tab, find and click on the Options button, which by default is located on the far right side of the File Explorer toolbar.
How do I change quick access in Windows 10?
To change how Quick Access works, display the File Explorer ribbon, navigate to View, and then select Options and then Change folder and search options. The Folder Options window opens. In the Privacy section at the bottom of the General tab, you will see two options, both of which are enabled by default.
How do I restore the Quick Access Toolbar?
If you customize the Quick Access toolbar, you can restore it to the original settings.
- Open the Customize dialog box using one of these methods: …
- In the Customize dialog box, click the Quick Access tab.
- On the Quick Access page, click Reset. …
- In the message dialog box, click Yes.
- In the Customize dialog box, click Close.
What is Quick Access Toolbar?
The Quick Access Toolbar is located to the right of the Microsoft Office. Button . It contains commands that are used most often, for example Redo, Undo and Save. Word 2007 allows you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, meaning that you can add and remove commands as you like.
Why do my quick access folders disappeared?
Choose Change folder and search options from the pull-down menu. Make sure Quick access (instead of This PC) is selected from the list after Open File Explorer to. Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access option and Show frequently used folders in Quick access option under the Privacy area.
Why is my Windows Explorer not responding?
You may be using an outdated or corrupted video driver. System files on your PC may be corrupt or mismatched with other files. You may have a Virus or Malware infection on your PC. Some applications or services running on your PC may be causing Windows Explorer to stop working.
Why does quick access not show recent documents?
Step 1: Open the Folder Options dialog. To do that, click the File menu and then click Options/Change folder and search options. Step 2: Under the General tab, navigate to the Privacy section. Here, make sure that Show recently used files in Quick access check box is selected.
How do I save a Quick Access Link?
To backup your Quick Access Toolbar buttons in Windows 10, you need to use Registry Editor.
- Open the Registry editor. …
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerRibbon. …
- Right click on the ‘Ribbon’ key on the left side and choose “export”.
23 февр. 2016 г.
Where is quick access stored?
Simply launch File Explorer, and the Quick Access section appears right off the bat. You’ll see your most frequently used folders and most recently used files at the top of the left and right panes. By default, the Quick Access section is always in this location, so you can jump to the top to view it.
Where is my quick access list?
- Open File Explorer.
- In the Quick Access Toolbar, click the down-pointing arrow. The Customize Quick Access Toolbar menu appears.
- In the menu that appears, click Show Below the Ribbon. The Quick Access Toolbar is now below the Ribbon. The menu for the Quick Access Toolbar.
How do I change quick access to this PC?
Open Windows Explorer at “This PC” Instead of Quick Access
- Open a new Explorer window.
- Click View in the ribbon.
- Click Options.
- Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
- Click OK.
8 дек. 2015 г.
How do I customize Quick Access?
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar by using the Options command
- Click the File tab.
- Under Help, click Options.
- Click Quick Access Toolbar.
- Make the changes you want.
What is the Quick Access menu in Windows 10?
Like Windows 8.1, Windows 10 has a secret power user menu—really called the Quick Access menu—which provides handy access to advanced system tools like Device Manager, Disk Management, and Command Prompt. This is a feature all power users and IT pros will want to know about.