Open the Applications tab and click New Task at the bottom-right of the window. In the message box that pops up type in explorer.exe and hit OK. Explorer.exe will reload, and the missing icons should now be back in the system-tray where they belong.
How do I fix missing Taskbar icons Windows 7?
So follow these additional steps:
- Open the Control Panel “Taskbar and Start Menu.”
- Under the Taskbar tab, in the Notification area section click on the “Customize” button.
- In the Notification Area window notice the link “Turn system icons on or off.” Click on the link and make sure the icons your prefer are turned ON.
Why are my taskbar icons not working?
First Fix: Restart the Explorer Process
Restarting it can thus clear up any minor hiccups, such as your taskbar not working. To restart this process, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager. … Then on the Processes tab, locate Windows Explorer. Right-click it and choose Restart.
Where did my icons go on my desktop?
Solution 1: Turn on the visibility of desktop icons
Right-click on an empty space on your desktop. Click on the “View” option from the context menu to expand the options. Make sure that “Show desktop icons” is ticked. … You should immediately see your icons reappear.
How do I turn on the WiFi icon in Windows 7?
Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel. Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Center. From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings. Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.
How do I open shortcuts on my desktop?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.