To turn it off, click on the Cortana icon in the taskbar, followed by the notebook icon on the left hand side of the pop-up panel. Click on Settings; this should present you with the first option that says, “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more”.
How do I disable msconfig in Windows 10?
- Go to Start, select Run…
- Enter msconfig and click OK.
- Switch to the Tools tab.
- Highlight Change UAC Settings and choose Launch.
- Drag the slider-bar down to the bottom level for Never notify.
- Click OK and restart the computer.
How do I turn off Windows settings?
How to disable Settings and Control Panel using Group Policy
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type gpedit. …
- Browse the following path: …
- On the right side, double-click the Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings policy.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
12 июн. 2017 г.
How do I turn off annoying Windows 10 features?
To disable Windows 10 features, go to Control Panel, click on Program and then choose Programs and Features. You can also access “Programs and Features” by right-clicking on Windows logo and choose it there. Look at the left sidebar and choose “Turn Windows feature on or off“.
How do I change the shutdown settings in Windows 10?
- Press Windows + X. From the menu, click Power Options, or open the Settings menu by clicking Start and clicking Settings. …
- The Power Options window will open. …
- At the bottom of the window is a Shutdown settings section. …
- Click Save changes and exit out of the window.
Should UAC be on or off?
While we’ve explained how to disable UAC in the past, you shouldn’t disable it – it helps keep your computer secure. If you reflexively disable UAC when setting up a computer, you should give it another try – UAC and the Windows software ecosystem have come a long way from when UAC was introduced with Windows Vista.
Is it safe to disable all services in msconfig?
In MSCONFIG, go ahead and check Hide all Microsoft services. As I mentioned earlier, I don’t even mess with disabling any Microsoft service because it’s not worth the problems you’ll end up with later. … Once you hide the Microsoft services, you really should only be left with about 10 to 20 services at max.
How do I unlock Windows settings?
3 ways to open Settings on Windows 10:
- Way 1: Open it in the Start Menu. Click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it.
- Way 2: Enter Settings with keyboard shortcut. Press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings.
- Way 3: Open Settings by Search.
How do I turn off filters in Windows 10?
Navigate to Control PanelSystem and SecurityAction Center. In the left pane, you will see the “Change Windows SmartScreen settings” link. Click it. Set the option “Don’t do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen)” as shown in red above and click OK.
Which Windows 10 services can I disable?
What Services to Disable in Windows 10 for Performance & Better Gaming
- Windows Defender & Firewall.
- Windows Mobile Hotspot Service.
- Bluetooth Support Service.
- Print Spooler.
- Remote Desktop Configuration and Remote Desktop Services.
- Windows Insider Service.
- Secondary Logon.
What programs should I remove from Windows 10?
Now, let’s look at what apps you should uninstall from Windows—remove any of the below if they’re on your system!
- CCleaner. …
- Crappy PC Cleaners. …
- uTorrent. …
- Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave Player. …
- Java. …
- Microsoft Silverlight. …
- All Toolbars and Junk Browser Extensions.
3 мар. 2021 г.
Should I turn off background apps Windows 10?
Apps running in the background
These apps can receive information, send notifications, download and install updates, and otherwise eat up your bandwidth and your battery life. If you’re using a mobile device and/or a metered connection, you may want to turn this feature off.
Should I turn off fast startup Windows 10?
Leaving fast startup enabled shouldn’t harm anything on your PC — it’s a feature built into Windows — but there are a few reasons why you might want to nevertheless disable it. One of the major reasons is if you’re using Wake-on-LAN, which will likely have problems when your PC is shut down with fast startup enabled.
How do I keep my computer from turning itself off?
Start -> Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do -> Change settings that are currently unavailable. Shutdown settings -> Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) -> OK.
How do I stop Windows 10 from shutting down automatically?
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on System > Power & sleep.
- Under the Sleep section, expand the drop-down menu and select Never.