Just toggle the slider for Volume to the On position and Exit.
Here you will be able to turn any of the System Icons On or Off in the Windows 10 Taskbar.
To access this panel, you can also right-click on the Taskbar > Properties and click on the Notification ares: Customize button.
How do I turn up the volume on my computer using the keyboard?
Adjust your speaker volume. Hold down the “Fn” key and press the function key that corresponds to your desired action. For example, if “F9” increases the volume, hold down the “Fn” key and press the “F9” key until the volume reaches a satisfactory level.
How do I fix my sound on Windows 10?
To fix audio issues in Windows 10, just open the Start and enter Device Manager. Open it and from a list of devices, find your sound card, open it and click on the Driver tab. Now, select the Update Driver option. Windows should be able to look at the internet and update your PC with the latest sound drivers.
How do I adjust volume on Windows 10 with keyboard?
To change the volume using the Volume Control icon, you just need to do the following:
- Click the Volume Control icon in the bottom right corner.
- Now you’ll see a new window that allows you to adjust your volume. Simply click the volume bar to set your volume to a desired level.
How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
Right-click the Start button, select Device Manager, and right-click your sound driver, select Properties, and browse to the Driver tab. Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.
Why are my volume keys not working Windows 10?
Sometimes you can fix this problem simply by running Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. If Volume Control is not working, you might be able to fix it by following these steps: Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app. In the right pane, select Hardware and Devices and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
How do I turn up the volume on my laptop?
HOW TO ADJUST THE VOLUME ON A WINDOWS LAPTOP
- From the Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound.
- Click the Adjust System Volume link under Sound to display the Volume Mixer dialog box.
Why can’t I adjust the volume on my computer?
Type “Adjust speaker volume” in the search box and tap the icon that comes up. Move the slider to increase the volume and see if you can hear better. You may have to check the volume control for several devices. Windows Media Player has its own volume control, as do any external speakers your’e using.
Where is the Fn button?
On laptop computers, the Fn key is almost always located on the bottom-left side of the keyboard, next to the Ctrl key.
Why does my sound keep cutting out Windows 10?
1) On your keyboard, press Windows key and X at the same time, then choose Device Manager. 2) Locate and expand category Sound, video and game controllers. Then right click the audio device driver that you have and choose Update driver. Your sound problem is probably being caused by driver issues.
How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 10?
Select the Start button, type Sound, and then select Sound Control Panel from the list of results. On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device, and then select Properties. On the Advanced tab, under Default Format, change the setting, and then retest your audio device.
Why is there no sound on my laptop Windows 10?
Go to Device Manager to Fix No Sound Issue. You can go to the Device Manager to uninstall and then install the sound driver. This is mainly because the sound driver you install in the Device Manager can’t work properly. Try Driver Talent in Top method 1 to install the right audio driver for Windows 10.
How do I adjust the volume on my desktop?
Open the Control Panel , go to Hardware and Sound and look for the Sound section. There, click or tap on the link that says “Adjust system volume”. This opens the Volume Mixer window, where you can change the volume for your speakers, as well as individual applications that are running in Windows.
How do I open the sound mixer in Windows 10?
You will see the change taking effect immediately. Now, when you click the speaker icon in the system tray, the old sound volume slider will appear, with the Mixer button in the bottom area. Go ahead and adjust the volume for individual apps in Windows 10.
What is the Fn key on a keyboard?
(FuNction key) A keyboard modifier key that works like a Shift key to activate a second function on a dual-purpose key. Commonly found on laptop keyboards, the Fn key is used to control hardware functions such as screen brightness and speaker volume.
Why did my sound stop working on my computer?
Ensure that your Windows PC has a sound card or sound processor, and it’s working properly. If Device Status shows that the device is working correctly, the problem showing up is due to sound settings, the speakers, or the cables. 3] Set correct audio device as default. Type ‘Sound’ in search and select ‘Settings’.
How do I reinstall my sound driver Windows 10?
Update drivers in Windows 10
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
Why is there no sound on my PC?
If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.
How do I disable the Fn key in Windows 10?
To access it on Windows 10 or 8.1, right-click the Start button and select “Mobility Center.” On Windows 7, press Windows Key + X. You’ll see the option under “Fn Key Behavior.” This option may also be available in a keyboard settings configuration tool installed by your computer manufacturer.
Why have my volume buttons stopped working?
It sounds like a hardware issue, but before you go to the Apple Store, there are a few things you should try because the bug in the software or dirt and dust on the volume buttons or in the charging port can cause the issue. If the software is the issue, a restart or the software update can fix the problem.
How do you unlock the Fn key?
If you hit the letter key on the keyboard, but the system show number, that ‘s because fn key locked, try the solutions bellow to unlock function key. Solutions: Hit FN, F12 and Number Lock key at the same time. Hold down Fn key and tap F11.
How can I use function keys without pressing Fn Lenovo?
Enable F1-F12 keys without Fn on Lenovo Ideapad S400u 4 answers.
- Access the BIOS (See below for how to do this in Windows 10).
- Once in the BIOS menu, select the “Configuration” tab.
- Select “Hotkey Mode” and set to “Disabled”.
- Save and Exit the BIOS menu (press F10 and then Enter ).
How do I use function keys without pressing Fn?
Access F1-F12 keys without holding fn key
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the f10 key repeatedly, about once every second to open the BIOS setup window.
- Press the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
How do I use function keys without pressing Fn in Windows 10 hp?
Change the action key setting on certain HP business ProBook and EliteBook models.
- Press fn and the left shift key at the same time to enable Action Key mode.
- When the fn key light is on, you must press the fn key and a function key to activate the default action.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”