How do I install Windows 8 on my HP laptop?
Use the following instructions to set up the drive for Windows 8.1. Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your computer model number. Select Windows 8.1 from the menu. Download and install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (version 11.5.
Can you still upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free?
While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can continue using those already installed. However, since Windows 8 has been out of support since January 2016, we encourage you to update to Windows 8.1 for free.
How do I update my old HP laptop?
To download and install the latest version, go to the HP Support Assistant website.
- In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.
- On the My devices tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.
- Click Check for updates and messages to get the latest updates.
- Wait while Support Assistant works.
Can I still use Windows 8.1 after 2020?
With no more security updates, continuing to use Windows 8 or 8.1 can be risky. The biggest problem you’ll find is the development and discovery of security flaws in the operating system. … In fact, quite a lot of users are still sticking to Windows 7, and that operating system lost all support back in January 2020.
How do I install Windows 8 on my laptop?
- Insert the Windows 8 DVD or USB Memory key into your system and restart your computer. …
- When the menu appears, select the appropriate device to boot from, ie. …
- Windows 8 Setup appears.
- Select Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method and select Next.
- Select Install Now.
How do I install Windows 10 on my Windows 8 laptop?
Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,Go back to Windows 8.1, select Get started. By following the prompts, you’ll keep your personal files but remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, plus any changes you made to settings.
How can I upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 for free?
Download and run the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant. It’s a free utility from Microsoft that will scan your computer’s hardware, software, and peripheral devices (make sure they’re plugged in) and let you know what is or isn’t compatible with the new OS. For items that need your attention, click the More info link.
Can I keep Windows 7 forever?
Microsoft Security Essentials — my general recommendation — will keep working for some time independent of the Windows 7 cut-off date, but Microsoft won’t support it forever. As long as they keep supporting Windows 7, you can keep running it.
Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 for free in 2020?
With that caveat out the way, here’s how you get your Windows 10 free upgrade: Click on the Windows 10 download page link here. Click ‘Download Tool now’ – this downloads the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. When finished, open the download and accept the license terms.
How can I update my PC for free?
How Can I Upgrade My Computer for Free?
- Click on the “Start” button. …
- Click on the “All Programs” bar. …
- Find the “Windows Update” bar. …
- Click on the “Windows Update” bar.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” bar. …
- Click on any available updates to have your computer download and install them. …
- Click on the “Install” button which appears to the right of the update.
Why is my HP laptop so slow?
Even if you’re not actively multi-tasking, you could have a number of programs running in the background slowing your laptop’s performance down. This could be anything from anti-virus programs conducting scans to Dropbox silent syncing files. Quick fix: You should check on the status of your laptop’s memory usage.
How do I upgrade my HP laptop to Windows 10?
Steps to take after installing Windows 10
- Connect to the Internet if your computer is not already connected.
- Install the latest updates from Windows Update.
- Sign in to the Windows Store and update any Windows apps.
- Install HP Support Assistant. …
- Install updated video drivers.
How much longer will Windows 8.1 be supported?
1 When is End of Life or Support for Windows 8 and 8.1. Microsoft will begin Windows 8 and 8.1’s end of life and support in January 2023. This means it will stop all support and updates to the operating system.
Is Windows 10 or 8.1 better?
Windows 10 – even in its first release – is a tad faster than Windows 8.1. But it isn’t magic. Some areas improved only marginally, though battery life did jump up noticeably for movies. Also, we tested a clean install of Windows 8.1 versus a clean install of Windows 10.
Will there be Windows 11?
Microsoft has gone into the model of releasing 2 feature upgrades a year and almost monthly updates for bug fixes, security fixes, enhancements for Windows 10. No new Windows OS is going to be released. Existing Windows 10 will keep getting updated. Hence, there will be no Windows 11.