Right off the bat, Windows 8.1 offers a dedicated Customize button for the Start screen where you can tweak a variety of settings. Right-click anywhere on the Start screen to display the app bar and click on the Customize button. You can also right-click on any tile to open the Customize view. The screen dims slightly.
How do I customize my desktop in Windows 8?
Personalizing your Start screen
- Hover the mouse in the lower-right corner to open the Charms bar, and then select the Settings charm. Selecting the Settings charm.
- Click Personalize. Clicking Personalize.
- Select the desired background image and color scheme. Changing the Start screen background.
How do I make Windows 8.1 look better?
20 Useful Microsoft Windows 8.1 Tips & Tricks
- View Options From the Start Button. The Start button is back. …
- Log In Straight to Desktop. …
- Customize Home Screen Tiles. …
- Customize Start Screen Background. …
- Create A Lock Screen Slideshow. …
- Use Internet Explorer 11 Reading View. …
- Make Use of 3D Printing Support. …
- Customize Privacy Options.
5 мар. 2020 г.
Can I make Windows 8 look like Windows 7?
Using some free or inexpensive utilities, you can make Windows 8.1 look and work more like Windows 7 today. … x that made this OS so unsettling to users of previous Windows versions. So to get these changes, all you need to do is upgrade through Windows Update.
How do I get classic view on Windows 8?
To make changes to your Classic Shell Start menu:
- Open the Start menu by pressing Win or clicking the Start button. …
- Click Programs, choose Classic Shell, and then select Start Menu Settings.
- Click the Start Menu Style tab and make your desired changes.
17 дек. 2019 г.
How do I change the color on my Windows 8?
Changing Windows Colors
- Display the charms bar and click or tap Settings to display the Settings panel.
- Click or tap Change PC Settings to display the PC Settings page. …
- Click or tap Personalize in the left column.
- Click or tap Start Screen in the right panel.
- Drag the Change Background Color slider to the color you want.
23 окт. 2012 г.
How do I change the font on my desktop Windows 8?
To change the font size:
- Locate and select Display in the lower-left corner of the Personalization pane. Accessing display settings.
- The Display settings will appear. Choose the desired size. …
- Click Apply to save your changes. …
- You may need to restart your computer for these changes to take effect.
How do I make my window prettier?
Set custom color mode
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Colors.
- Use the “Choose your color” drop-down menu and select the Custom option. …
- Use the Choose your default Windows mode options to decide if Start, taskbar, Action Center, and other elements should use the light or dark color mode.
What can you do with Windows 8?
Eight things to do right away after you set up Windows 8
- Follow this checklist to be more productive. The Windows 8 setup program is surprisingly quick and easy. …
- Check the time zone. …
- Connect your domain and Microsoft accounts. …
- Confirm your PC as a trusted device. …
- Choose default programs. …
- Organize the Start screen. …
- Arrange Start screen tiles in groups. …
- Search in the Windows Store.
15 авг. 2012 г.
Is Windows 7 or 8 better?
Overall, Windows 8.1 is better for everyday use and benchmarks than Windows 7, and extensive testing has revealed improvements such as PCMark Vantage and Sunspider. The difference, however, are minimal. Winner: Windows 8 It’s faster and less resource intensive.
How do I add Start menu to Windows 8?
Right-click the taskbar and select Toolbars–>New Toolbar. 3. From the screen that appears, navigate to Program DataMicrosoftWindowsStart Menu and select it. That will place a Start Menu toolbar on the far right of the taskbar.
What is the difference between Windows 7 and 8?
Moreover Windows 8 is significantly more secure than Windows 7 and it is basically designed to take advantage of touch screens while Windows 7 is only for desktops. One last word of advice – if you are running Windows 7 on your current PC, then there is no urgency to upgrade the hardware just to run Windows 8…just yet!
Is Windows 8 still supported?
Support for Windows 8 ended on January 12, 2016. … Microsoft 365 Apps is no longer supported on Windows 8. To avoid performance and reliability issues, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 or download Windows 8.1 for free.
What Windows 8 apps do I need?
- Ram: 1 (GB)(32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit)
- Hard Disk Space:16GB(32-bit)or.
- graphics card: Microsoft Direct X 9graphics device with WDDM driver.
4 апр. 2020 г.
How do I make Windows 8 look like XP?
Don’t forget to have a good backup of your files before proceeding.
- Get Back the Classic Start Menu. The first thing to do in the process is to swap the Windows 8 start screen with the regular start menu. …
- Patch Windows Theme Files. …
- Install Windows XP Theme. …
- 3 comments.
22 окт. 2014 г.