It takes you to the startup menu. Then press the F10 key to go the bios. Then press F9 load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.” Then press F10 to save changes and exit and restart the computer and check again.
How do I get into advanced BIOS on HP laptop?
Getting into advanced BIOS Settings on an HP Gaming Laptop
- Bring up Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click “Recovery” on the left.
- Click “Restart Now” under Advanced Startup. The computer will reboot into a special menu.
- Click “Troubleshoot”, then “Advanced Options” then “UEFI Firmware Settings” then “Restart Now”.
How do I show hidden BIOS settings?
Use the arrow keys on the computer’s keyboard to navigate to the BIOS menu. Select the BIOS feature you want to access using the arrow keys. Press the “Enter” key on your computer to access the BIOS feature. Unlock the secret features of the computer’s BIOS by pressing the “Alt” and “F1” button at the same time.
How do I get into advanced BIOS?
- Press the F10 key to enter BIOS during boot (or whatever is the right key)
- Press immediately the A key (for “Advanced”)
How do I enter BIOS on HP?
Opening the BIOS Setup Utility
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.
- Press f10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
What happens if I reset my BIOS to default?
A BIOS reset will erase BIOS settings and return them to the factory defaults. These settings are stored in non-volatile memory on the system board. This will not erase data on the system drives.
How can I find my BIOS version?
Finding the BIOS Version on Windows Computers Using the BIOS Menu
- Restart the computer.
- Open the BIOS menu. As the computer reboots, press F2, F10, F12, or Del to enter the computer BIOS menu. …
- Find the BIOS version. In the BIOS menu, look for BIOS Revision, BIOS Version, or Firmware Version.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
Where is the Win key on my HP laptop?
It is labeled with a Windows logo, and is usually placed between the Ctrl and Alt keys on the left side of the keyboard; there may be a second identical key on the right side as well.