The dpkg-query command can be used to show if a specific package is installed in your system. To do it, run dpkg-query followed by the -l flag and the name of the package you want information about.
How do I know if a package is installed Linux?
To view the latest installed date of package, just run the following rpm command format. Alternatively use rpm with qi option to view the latest installed date of package. Alternatively use rpm with q option alone to view the latest installed date of package.
How do I find where a Linux package is installed?
The softwares are usually installed in bin folders, in /usr/bin, /home/user/bin and many other places, a nice starting point could be the find command to find the executable name, but it’s usually not a single folder. The software could have components and dependencies in lib,bin and other folders.
How do you list all installed packages in Linux?
Run command apt list —installed to list all installed packages on Ubuntu. To display a list of packages satisfying certain criteria such as show matching apache2 packages, run apt list apache.
How do I know if JQ is installed on Linux?
- Run the following command and enter y when prompted. (You will see Complete! upon sucessful installation.) …
- Verify the installation by running: $ jq –version jq-1.6. …
- Run the following commands to install wget: $ chmod +x ./jq $ sudo cp jq /usr/bin.
- Verify the installation: $ jq –version jq-1.6.
How do I find where a program is installed Ubuntu?
If you know the name of the executable, you can use the which command to find the location of the binary, but that doesn’t give you information on where the supporting files might be located. There’s an easy way to see the locations of all the files installed as part of the package, using the dpkg utility.
How do I use find in Linux?
- find . – name thisfile.txt. If you need to know how to find a file in Linux called thisfile. …
- find /home -name *.jpg. Look for all . jpg files in the /home and directories below it.
- find . – type f -empty. Look for an empty file inside the current directory.
- find /home -user randomperson-mtime 6 -iname “.db”
How do I find my yum repo list?
You need to pass the repolist option to the yum command. This option will show you a list of configured repositories under RHEL / Fedora / SL / CentOS Linux. The default is to list all enabled repositories.
Which command will display a list of all installed packages rpm?
List or Count Installed RPM Packages
- If you are on a RPM-based Linux platform (such as Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, ArchLinux, Scientific Linux, etc.), here are two ways to determine the list of packages installed. Using yum:
- yum list installed. Using rpm:
- rpm -qa. …
- yum list installed | wc -l.
- rpm -qa | wc -l.