How do I completely reset my Windows 8 computer?
Factory reset Windows 8
- The first step is to open the system settings using the Windows shortcut ‘Windows’ key + ‘i’.
- From there, select “Change PC settings”.
- Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”.
- Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
14 авг. 2020 г.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do I force my laptop to factory reset?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)
How do I factory reset my laptop without a password Windows 8?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do you get into Windows 8 if you forgot your password?
Go to account.live.com/password/reset and follow the on-screen prompts. You can reset a forgotten Windows 8 password online like this only if you’re using a Microsoft account. If you’re using a local account, your password is not stored with Microsoft online and so can’t be reset by them.
How do I restore Control Panel in Windows 8?
How to Perform a System Restore on Windows 8
- Pull up the System Restore screen by going to Windows 8’s Control Panel (type Control Panel on the Start Screen and click the related link). …
- Click on the System Protection option on the left sidebar. …
- Click on the System Restore button. …
- Check to see what programs and drivers will be affected by your restore.
22 апр. 2014 г.
How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 8?
In the left pane, switch to the “Recovery” tab. In the right pane, scroll down a bit, and then click the “Restart Now” button in the “Advanced Startup” section. If you’re using Windows 8, you’ll switch to the “General” tab instead, and then click the “Restart” button in the “Advanced Startup” section.
How can I repair my Windows 8?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Insert the original installation DVD or USB Drive. …
- Restart your computer.
- Boot from the disc/USB.
- At the Install screen, click Repair your computer or press R.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type these commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
Why can’t I factory reset my laptop?
One of the most common causes for the reset error is corrupted system files. If key files in your Windows 10 system are damaged or deleted, they can prevent the operation from resetting your PC. Running the System File Checker (SFC scan) will allow you to repair these files and attempt to reset them again.
How do I factory reset my laptop without a password?
Way 2. Directly Factory Reset Windows 7 Laptop without Admin Password
- Reboot your laptop or PC. …
- Select the Repair your Computer option and press Enter. …
- The System Recovery Options window will popup, click System Restore, it will check the data in your Restore Partition and factory reset laptop without password.
How do I reset my laptop without logging in?
How to Reset Windows 10 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
- Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. …
- On the next screen, click the Reset this PC button.
- You’ll see two option: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything“. …
- Keep My Files. …
- Next, enter your user password. …
- Click on Reset. …
- Remove Everything.
20 июл. 2018 г.
How do I reset a forgotten password on my laptop?
Reset your password
On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, select the user account name, and then select Reset Password. Type the new password, confirm the new password, and then select OK.
How do I unlock my HP laptop if I forgot my password Windows 8?
Click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts. Click Manage another account. Click the account with the forgotten password. Click Change the password.