1] Open the File Explorer on your Windows 10 PC.
Right click on the Downloads in the left pane of your File Explorer, and select Properties.
Go to the Location tab and enter the new path for your desired download folder.
You can also move already downloaded files to the folder from here.
How do I change the default save location in Windows 10?
While you can change the default location of the Documents folder via Documents properties or by editing the registry, Windows 10 makes things easier as you can do so via the Settings app. Next, click on Storage in the left pane. Scroll down a bit and find Change where new content is saved.
How do I change my default download location?
Change download locations
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the “Downloads” section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.
How do I change the download location in Windows 10?
In Windows 10 you now have the ability to change the Windows Store download location for apps and games. To do that, go to Settings > System > Storage. Under the “Save locations” heading there is an option titled “New apps will save to:”. You can set this to any drive on your machine.
What is the default download location for files on Windows?
Save the file on your PC in the default download location. After Internet Explorer runs a security scan and finishes downloading the file, you can choose to open the file, the folder it’s stored in, or view it in Download Manager. Save as a different file name, type, or download location on your PC.
How do I change my default save location on my desktop?
How to change Microsoft Office default save locations
- Click on the Office icon on the upper right of the window.
- Click on Word Options (or Excel Options, Powerpoint Options, etc.) at the bottom right of the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Save” tab under Word Options.
- Cick “Browse” next to Default file location, and navigate to the desired directory for saving files.
How do I change the default picture location in Windows 10?
Change Default Folder Picture Windows 10 File Explorer. First, open File Explorer and right-click on the folder you want to change the default picture and choose Properties from the context menu. Then click the Customize tab and click the “Choose File” button.
How do I change the download location on Netflix Windows 10?
How to change Netflix download location Windows 10
- Launch the Netflix application on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to App Settings.
- Locate the Download Location option in the Downloads section.
- Select Download Location and tap on SD Card.
How do I change the default install location in Windows 10?
First, to change the default install location of Universal Windows Apps and content, make sure you’re running Windows 10 Build 1511 (released in November 2015) or newer, and then head to Settings > System > Storage.
How do I change the default download file?
Under the ‘Downloads’ section, adjust your download settings:
- To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.
- If you’d rather choose a specific location for each download, tick the box next to ‘Ask where to save each file before downloading’.
How do I choose which drive to install Windows 10?
Save your settings, reboot your computer and you should now be able to install Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Enter your computer’s BIOS.
- Step 2 – Set your computer to boot from DVD or USB.
- Step 3 – Choose the Windows 10 clean install option.
- Step 4 – How to find your Windows 10 license key.
- Step 5 – Select your hard disk or SSD.
How do I show hidden files Windows 10?
View hidden files and folders in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
How do I move program files x86 to another drive Windows 10?
Method 2: Use Move Feature to Relocate Program Files to Another Drive
- Step 1: Click on “Windows” sign.
- Step 2: Now, click on “Settings” it should be near the bottom of the menu.
- Step 3: Here, click on an option to Apps & Features.
- Step 5: Than, select an app you need to move.
Where are downloads stored on Windows 10?
By default, modern web browsers save files to the Downloads folder under your user account. You can navigate to Downloads a couple of different way. Either go to Start > File Explorer > This PC > Downloads or press Windows key+R then type: %userprofile%/downloads then hit Enter.
How do I change the default program for opening files in Windows 10?
Set PDF Complete as your default viewer in Windows 10.
- Click the Windows Key (Start Button).
- Type Control Panel and click on the Control Panel Desktop App.
- Choose Programs and then select Default Programs.
- From the list of options, click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
Where are my download files?
8 Answers. You ll see all the files you downloaded. In most Android phones you can find your files/downloads in a folder called ‘My Files’ although sometimes this folder is in another folder called ‘Samsung’ located in the app drawer. You can also search your phone via Settings > Application Manager > All Applications.
How do I change the default save location in Adobe Acrobat?
Default save location in Adobe Reader XI
- Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > Add Folder Path.
- Edit > Preferences > General > Uncheck “Show online storage while saving files” box (It wasn’t there)
- Edit > Preferences > Documents > Uncheck “Automatically save document changes to temporary file every _ minutes”
How do I change the default save location in Outlook 2010?
Outlook 2010: Change Default Save Attachments Folder
- Press Winkey+R to bring up the Run window.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options.
- Right click on the right pane, choose New->String Value.
- Double click on the DefaultPath value, provide the full path to your folder in Value data and hit OK.
- Close Registry Editor.
How do I change the backup location in Windows 10?
To get started with File History in the latest version of Windows 10, open the Settings app and go to Update & Security > Backup. File History before it’s activated in Windows 10. Once you’re there, hook up your external hard drive to Windows and then in the Settings app click the “+” next to Add a drive.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”