How do I change icons in Windows 10?
Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click Personalization to access Personalization settings.
Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.
Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of This PC and click Change Icon.
How do I change a desktop icon?
Method 1 Changing System Desktop Icons
- Open Start. .
- Click Settings. .
- Click Personalization. This is the monitor-shaped icon on the Windows Settings page.
- Click Themes.
- Click Desktop icon settings.
- Click an icon you want to change.
- Click Change Icon.
- Select an icon.
How do I lock my icons on my desktop Windows 10?
- In your desktop, right click on an open area.
- Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
- Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click Apply.
- Arrange your icons where you want them to be.
How do I change the size of desktop icons in Windows 10?
How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select View from the contextual menu.
- Select either Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons.
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select Display settings from the contextual menu.
How do I change drive icons in Windows 10?
Specific Drive Icon – Change in Windows 10
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons.
- Under the DriveIcons subkey, create a new subkey and use the drive letter (ex: D ) that you want to change the icon for.
How do I change the PDF icon in Windows 10?
Here’s how you can set/change your default application for PDF files. Navigate to any PDF file on your system and right click on it to open properties. On properties window, You’ll see a change button (as highlighted in screen clips below). Use it to set adobe acrobat reader as your default app.
How do I change the icon on Windows 10?
Here’s how to reset account picture to default in Windows 10/8:
- Click the Start button or press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the account picture at the top-left corner of the Start menu, and then select “Change account settings“.
- Click on Browse button under your current user avatar.
How do I put icons on my desktop in Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I customize my desktop in Windows 10?
To personalize the Lock screen using a custom image, do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Lock screen.
- Use the “Background” drop-down menu, and select the Picture option.
- Click the Browse button to locate the picture you want to use.
How do I change the size of one icon on my desktop?
Hold Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll up or down to change the size of desktop or File Explorer icons. You can also right-click an empty area of the desktop and go to View and switch between small, medium, or large icon size on the context menu.
How do I change the icon space in Windows 10?
Steps to Change Desktop Icon Spacing (Horizontal and Vertical) in Windows 10
- Navigate to the following location.
- In the right panel, find out WindowMetrics. This is the horizontal spacing.
- Now the vertical spacing is same as step 4. All you need to do is double click on IconVerticalSpacing.
How do I change the taskbar icons in Windows 10?
Change taskbar icons for programs in Windows 10
- Step 1: Pin your favorite programs to the taskbar.
- Step 2: Next is changing program’s icon on the taskbar.
- Step 3: On the jump list, right-click on the name of the program and then click Properties (refer to the picture).
- Step 4: Under the Shortcut tab, click Change Icon button to open Change icon dialog.
How do I change drive icons?
Select this newly created “DefaultIcon” key from Left pane and then go to right pane and double-click on Default value to access its properties window. Now on the “Edit String” window, type the full path of the ICO file (surrounded by quotes) that you wish to use as new drive icon into the “Value Data” box and tap OK.
How do I change the default icons in Windows 10?
Change Default Folder Picture Windows 10 File Explorer. First, open File Explorer and right-click on the folder you want to change the default picture and choose Properties from the context menu. Then click the Customize tab and click the “Choose File” button.
How do I change the icon on my hard drive?
- Create your icon, or find one online.
- Open Notepad to create your Autorun file.
- Type [AutoRun] in the first line.
- Name your drive in the second line: label=Name.
- Specify your icon in the third line: ICON=your-icon-file.ico.
- Click File, then Save As.
- Your autorun.inf file would look like this:
How do I change a PDF icon?
Step 2: Click on the File Types tab and you’ll see a listing of all the registered file types on your computer along with the extensions and the icon. Step 3: Scroll down to the file extension you want to change the icon for and then select it in the list.
Did Adobe change the PDF icon?
Ok, the file association is correct (AcroExch.Document will point to your Adobe Reader). You should be able to change the icon associated with the PDF file type; on Windows Explorer use ‘Tools’ ‘Folder Options’, then tab ‘File Types’. Select the ‘PDF’ extension, then click ‘Advanced’.
How do I change the icon of a PDF in Preview?
Open Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. On the Edit menu, choose Preferences. In the Preferences dialog box, choose General in the Categories list, and then select the Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer check box.
What can you customize on Windows 10?
Windows 10 themes are basic background and color combinations you can use for your desktop. To access Themes, right-click an empty space on your desktop and select Personalize. This will open the Background section of your Windows 10 settings. Expand your window and select the Themes option in the sidebar.
Can I make Windows 10 look like 7?
While you can’t get back the transparent aero effect in title bars, you can make them show a nice Windows 7 blue. Here’s how. Right Click on the desktop and select Personalization. Toggle “Automatically pick an accent color from my background” to off if you want to choose a custom color.
How do I customize tiles in Windows 10?
On the right pane, select “Show more tiles.” Click on the Start button and you’ll see that the tiled area is larger, creating more space for further tiles. Just like in Windows 8 and 8.1, you can resize specific tiles in Windows 10 to make them larger or smaller. At the Windows 10 tiled screen, right-click on a tile.
How do I make the default icons bigger in Windows 10?
How to: Change Default Icon View in Windows 10 (for All Folders)
- Click Start and then click This PC; this will open a File Explorer window.
- Navigate to any folder on your C drive.
- Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large Icons.
How can I make my desktop icons smaller?
To resize desktop icons. Right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, point to View, and then select Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. You can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse to resize desktop icons. On the desktop, press and hold Ctrl while you scroll the wheel to make icons larger or smaller.
How do I change my desktop grid?
How to Edit Desktop Icons’ Spacing in Windows 7.
- Step 1: Open Your Personalization Window. Right click on your desktop and select Personalize or go to Control Panel , Appearance and Personalization , and click Personalization .
- Step 2: Open Advanced Appearance Settings.
- Step 3: Change the Spacing.
- Step 4: Log Off.
How do I change the icon on my taskbar?
How To Change The Icon Of Pinned Taskbar Items
- Hold SHIFT and right-click on the taskbar item of which you want to change the icon.
- Select Properties.
- Click Change Icon…
- Browse for the icon and select it.
- Click OK twice.
- Type TASKKILL /F /IM EXPLORER.EXE in start menu search box or run and press Enter.
How do I enlarge the taskbar icons in Windows 10?
Previously, you could click the “Customize” button at the bottom of the system tray popup. In Windows 10, you have to right-click on the Taskbar, choose Properties, and then click the Customize button. From here, click “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.
How do I center my taskbar icons Windows 10?
How to Center the Taskbar Icons in Windows 10
- Step 1: Right-click on the taskbar and uncheck “lock the taskbar”.
- Step 2: Right-click anywhere on the taskbar, and then choose Toolbar–>New Toolbar.
- Step 3: Create a folder with any name you like, select the new folder and click the open button, you will notice that the taskbar has been created.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”