How to change sign-in name using Settings
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Your info.
- Click the Manage my Microsoft account option.
- Under the current account name, click the More options menu.
- Select the Edit profile option.
- Under the current account name, click the Edit name option.
How do I rename a user in Windows 10?
Change Windows 10 User Account Name
- That opens up the User Accounts section in the classic Control Panel and from there select Manage another account.
- Next, choose the user account you want to rename.
- In the next section, you have various options you can use to manage the account.
How do I change my Windows account name?
How to change sign-in name using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Change account type option.
- Select the local account to update its name.
- Click the Change the account name option.
- Update the account name as you want it to appear in the Sign-in screen.
- Click the Change Name button.
How do I change my Windows 10 name without a Microsoft account?
How to change a user’s name in Windows 10 OS?
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Inside the box, type “Control” (no quotes), then click OK.
- Under the User Accounts category, you will see the Change Account Type link.
- Locate the user account you want to rename, then double-click it.
How do I find my username on Windows 10?
In earlier versions of Windows 10, if you are logged into your Microsoft Account, you can do the following. Open Start Menu and click on Settings. Once the Settings app opens, click on Accounts and then on Your account. Here, you will see a Manage my Microsoft account link in blue.
Photo in the article by “NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory”