To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC:
- Select the Start button and then select Settings .
- In Settings, select System > About.
How do I tell what version of Windows 10 I have?
Check for operating system information in Windows 7
- Click the Start button. , enter Computer in the search box, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
How do I figure out what version of Windows I have?
Find operating system info in Windows 7
- Select the Start. button, type Computer in the search box, right-click on Computer, and then select Properties.
- Under Windows edition, you’ll see the version and edition of Windows that your device is running.
Which is the latest Windows 10 version?
The initial version is the Windows 10 build 16299.15, and after a number of quality updates the latest version is Windows 10 build 16299.1127. Version 1709 support has ended on April 9, 2019, for Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, and IoT Core editions.
What is the latest Windows 10 version number?
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update (also known as version 1607 and codenamed “Redstone 1”) is the second major update to Windows 10 and the first in a series of updates under the Redstone codenames. It carries the build number 10.0.14393. The first preview was released on December 16, 2015.
How do I determine which version of Windows 10 I have?
To find your version of Windows on Windows 10
- Go to Start , enter About your PC, and then select About your PC.
- Look under PC for Edition to find out which version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
- Look under PC for System type to see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
How do I get the latest Windows 10 build?
Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- If you want to install the update now, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
- If version 1809 isn’t offered automatically through Check for updates, you can get it manually through the Update Assistant.
Do I have the latest version of Windows 10?
A. Microsoft’s recently released Creators Update for Windows 10 is also known as Version 1703. Last month’s upgrade to Windows 10 was Microsoft’s most recent revision of its Windows 10 operating system, arriving less than a year after the Anniversary Update (Version 1607) in August 2016.
Which is the latest version of Windows?
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system, the company announced today, and it is set to be released publicly in mid-2015, reports The Verge. Microsoft appears to be skipping Windows 9 entirely; the most recent version of the OS is Windows 8.1, which followed 2012’s Windows 8.
Will there be a Windows 11?
Windows 12 is all about VR. Our sources from the company confirmed that Microsoft is planning to release a new operating system called Windows 12 in early 2019. Indeed, there will be no Windows 11, as the company decided to jump straight to Windows 12.
How do I know which version of Windows 10 I have?
Check Windows 10 Build Version
- Win + R. Open up the run command with the Win + R key combo.
- Launch winver. Simply type in winver into the run command text box and hit OK. That is it. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.
Is my Windows 10 up to date?
Check for updates in Windows 10. Open Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, it means that you have all the updates that are currently available for your system.
What is the latest version of Windows in 2019?
Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 re-released. On November 13, 2018, we re-released the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809. We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically.
How do I check my Windows 10 license?
On the left side of the window, click or tap Activation. Then, look on the right side, and you should see the activation status of your Windows 10 computer or device. In our case, Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to our Microsoft account.
How do I find out what bit my Windows 10 is?
Checking Your Version of Windows 10. To check whether you’re using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10, open the Settings app by pressing Windows+I, and then head to System > About. On the right side, look for the “System type” entry.
Is Windows 10 home 64bit?
Microsoft offers the option of 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 — 32-bit is for older processors, while 64-bit is for newer ones. While a 64-bit processor can easily run 32-bit software, including the Windows 10 OS, you’ll be better off getting a version of Windows that matches your hardware.
Do I need Windows 10 creators update?
Open Settings and go to Update & security and click the Check for Updates button. If it shows that no updates are available or updates you only to a newer Anniversary Update, then you can manually install Creators Update using Microsoft’s Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. Windows 10 Creators Update is a must upgrade.
How do I force a Windows 10 October update?
To use Windows Update to force the installation of version 1809, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click the Restart Now button after the update has been downloaded on your device.
Should I upgrade Windows 10 1809?
May 2019 Update (Updating from 1803-1809) The May 2019 update for Windows 10 is due soon. At this point, if you try installing the May 2019 update while you have USB storage or an SD card connected, you’ll get a message saying “This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10”.
Is Windows 10 being replaced?
Microsoft confirms ‘S Mode’ will replace Windows 10 S. This week, Microsoft VP Joe Belfiore confirmed the rumor that Windows 10 S would no longer be standalone software. Instead, users will be able to access the platform as a “mode” within existing full Windows 10 installations.
Will there be a Windows 12?
Yes, you’ve read that right! Our sources from the company confirmed that Microsoft is planning to release a new operating system called Windows 12 in early 2019. Indeed, there will be no Windows 11, as the company decided to jump straight to Windows 12.
Will there be a Windows after Windows 10?
the latest window update is the windows 10 with 1809 update, the microsoft has said that it won’t release another window instead of this it will release periodical updates to windows 10 with new features and security updates.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”