- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On.
- If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab. (If you don’t see the Startup tab, select More details.)
How do I change what programs run at startup Windows 10?
Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 make it really simple to disable startup applications. All you have to do is open up Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar, or using the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC shortcut key, clicking “More Details,” switching to the Startup tab, and then using the Disable button.
How do I change what programs run at startup?
System Configuration Utility (Windows 7)
- Press Win-r . In the “Open:” field, type msconfig and press Enter .
- Click the Startup tab.
- Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup. Note:
- When you have finished making your selections, click OK.
- In the box that appears, click Restart to restart your computer.
How do I stop Word from opening on startup Windows 10?
Windows 10 offers control over a wider range of auto-starting programs directly from Task Manager. To start, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager and then click the Startup tab.
How do I open the Startup folder in Windows 10?
To open this folder, bring up the Run box, type shell:common startup and hit Enter. Or to open the folder quickly, you can press WinKey, type shell:common startup and hit Enter. You can add shortcuts of the programs you want to start with you Windows in this folder.
How do I limit how many programs run at startup Windows 10?
You can change startup programs in Task Manager. To launch it, simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Or, right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop and choose Task Manager from the menu that appears. Another way in Windows 10 is to right-click the Start Menu icon and choose Task Manager.
Is there a Startup folder in Windows 10?
Shortcut to the Windows 10 Startup Folder. To quickly access the All Users Startup Folder in Windows 10, open the Run dialog box (Windows Key + R), type shell:common startup, and click OK. A new File Explorer Window will open displaying the All Users Startup Folder.
How do I get a program to start automatically in Windows 10?
How to Make Modern Apps Run on Startup in Windows 10
- Open the startup folder: press Win+R , type shell:startup , hit Enter .
- Open the Modern apps folder: press Win+R , type shell:appsfolder , press Enter .
- Drag the apps you need to launch on startup from the first to the second folder and select Create shortcut:
How do I limit how many programs run at startup?
How To Disable Startup Programs In Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start Menu Orb then in the search box Type MSConfig and Press Enter or Click the msconfig.exe program link.
- From within the System Configuration tool, Click Startup tab and then Uncheck the program boxes that you would like to prevent from starting when Windows starts.
How do I remove a program from startup in Windows 10?
Step 1 Right-click on an empty area on the Taskbar and select Task Manager. Step 2 When Task Manager comes up, click the Startup tab and look through the list of programs that are enabled to run during startup. Then to stop them from running, right-click the program and select Disable.
How do I get programs to start automatically in Windows 10?
Here are two ways you can change which apps will automatically run at startup in Windows 10:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Startup.
- If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab.
How do I stop Word from opening on startup?
Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
How do I stop Microsoft Word from opening automatically?
How to Turn Off the Start Screen in Microsoft Office
- Open the Office program you want to disable the start screen for.
- Click the File tab and click Options.
- Uncheck the box next to “Show the Start screen when this application starts.”
- Click OK.
How do I get to the Windows Startup folder?
Your personal startup folder should be C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. The All Users startup folder should be C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. You can create the folders if they aren’t there. Enable viewing of hidden folders to see them.
Where is the Run command on Windows 10?
Just click the Search or Cortana icon in the Windows 10 taskbar and type “Run.” You’ll see the Run command appear at the top of the list. Once you’ve found the Run command icon via one of the two methods above, right-click on it and select Pin to Start. You’ll see a new tile appear on your Start Menu labeled “Run.”
Where is the Start Menu folder in Windows 10?
Start by opening File Explorer and then navigating to the folder where Windows 10 stores your program shortcuts: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders.
How do I stop Internet Explorer from opening on startup Windows 10?
How to Completely Disable Internet Explorer in Windows 10
- Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Choose Programs & Features.
- In the left sidebar, select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Uncheck the box next to Internet Explorer 11.
- Select Yes from the pop-up dialogue.
- Press OK.
How do I remove Skype from startup Windows 10?
Are you using the newer version of Skype that comes with Windows 10 or the classic version? Click Tools > Options > General settings > uncheck ‘Start Skype when I start Windows. Select the tab, scroll through and uncheck Skype. If it’s in there, right click and delete.
How do I change my startup programs with CMD?
To do so, open a command prompt window. Type wmic and hit Enter. Next, type startup and hit Enter. You will see the list of programs that start with your Windows.
What does Startup repair do Windows 10?
Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your PC for the problem and then tries to fix it so your PC can start correctly. Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in Advanced Startup options.
How do I start Rainmeter on startup?
Open the Task Manager, then click the “Startup” tab. Take a look at the Startup listing and click the status until it shows the “Enabled” function. Once you switch on your computer, the Rainmeter apps will automatically appear on the desktop screen.
How do I open run in Windows 10?
Just press the Windows key and the R key at the same time, it will open the Run command box immediately. This method is the fastest and it works with all versions of Windows. Click the Start button (the Windows icon in the lower-left corner). Select All apps and expand Windows System, then click Run to open it.
Does Microsoft OneDrive need to run at startup?
When you start your Windows 10 computer, OneDrive app automatically starts and sits in Taskbar notification area (or system tray). You can disable OneDrive from startup and it’ll no longer start with Windows 10: 1.
How do I remove programs from the Start menu in Windows 10?
To remove a desktop app from the Windows 10 Start Menu’s All Apps list, first head to Start > All Apps and find the app in question. Right-click on its icon and select More > Open File Location. Of note, you can only right-click on an application itself, and not a folder that the app might reside in.
How do I stop Windows 10 from reopening the last open apps on startup?
How to Stop Windows 10 From Reopening Last Open Apps on Startup
- Then, press Alt + F4 to show the shutdown dialog.
- Select Shut down from the list and click OK to confirm.
How do I stop Word from opening automatically in Powerpoint?
- Open the Apple Menu. .
- Click on System Preferences….
- Click on Users & Groups. It’s near the bottom of the dialog box.
- Click on the Login Items tab.
- Click on the application you want to stop from opening at startup.
- Click on ➖ beneath the applications list.
How do I stop Microsoft Word from automatically opening on my Mac?
If you want to speed up your Mac’s startup time and prevent unnecessary applications from opening, disable unwanted programs from automatically loading. Click the “System Preferences” option to open this window. Click an unwanted program from the “Item” list and then click the “-” button.
What is the shortcut for run in Windows 10?
Ctrl+Shift+Esc — open the Windows 10 Task Manager. Windows Key+R — open the Run dialog box. Shift+Delete — delete files without sending them to the Recycle Bin. Alt+Enter — show the properties of the currently selected file.
What is the shortcut key to open run in Windows 10?
Open Command Prompt from the Run Box. Press Windows+R to open “Run” box. Type “cmd” and then click “OK” to open a regular Command Prompt. Type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open an administrator Command Prompt.
How do I open the Run command?
Start the Command Prompt using the Run window (all Windows versions) One of the quickest ways to launch the Command Prompt, in any modern version of Windows, is to use the Run window. A fast way to launch this window is to press the Win + R keys on your keyboard. Then, type cmd and press Enter or click/tap OK.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”