How to Create Windows service
- Open Visual Studio, go to File > New and select Project.
- Go to Visual C# -> ”Windows Desktop” -> ”Windows Service,” give your project an appropriate name and then click OK.
- Right-click on the blank area and select “Add Installer.”
How do I create a .bat file in Windows service?
To set up a batch file to run as a Windows Service with AlwaysUp:
- Download and install AlwaysUp, if necessary.
- Start AlwaysUp.
- Select Application > Add to open the Add Application window:
- On the General tab:
What is Windows service in C#?
A Windows service is a long-running application that can be started automatically when your system is started. You can pause your service and resume or even restart it if need be. Once you have created a Windows service, you can install it in your system using the InstallUtil.exe command line utility.
What is InstallUtil EXE?
InstallUtil.exe is a legitimate file, and is also called Install Utilities. It is a DDL file used for the system based on Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista. It is generally stored in C:\windows.
How do services work in Windows?
The services run in the background and will usually kick in when the machine is booted. Developers can create Services by creating applications that are installed as a Service, an option ideal for use on servers when long-running functionality is needed without interference with other users on the same system.
How do I install a batch file in Windows?
- Open Start. .
- Click. File Explorer.
- Go to the folder that contains your BAT file.
- Double-click the BAT file.
- Right-click the file and select Run as administrator.
How do you create a batch file?
How to create a batch file on Windows 10
- Open Start.
- Search for Notepad, and click the top result to launch the app.
- Type the following lines to create a simple batch file: @ECHO OFF ECHO Congratulations!
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Save as option.
- Type a name for the script, for example, first_simple_batch.bat.
How do I start a Windows service?
To open Windows Services, Run services.msc to open the Services Manager. Here you will be able to start, stop, disable, delay Windows Services. Let us see how to do this in a bit more detail. Right-click on your Start button to open the WinX Menu.
How do I use Installutil?
Just add a -u to the installutil command. Perform the following: Start up the command prompt (CMD) with administrator rights.
- start up the command prompt (CMD) with administrator rights.
- Type c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\installutil.exe [your windows service path to exe]
- Press return.
How do I install Installutil EXE on Windows?
To install or uninstall Windows Service (that was created using the .NET Framework) use the utility InstallUtil.exe. This tool can be found in the following path. Open InstallUtil.exe in the directory for Framework 2.0; the path is “C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\”.
When should you use a Windows service?
Windows services are normally used when an application needs to continuously run. You should create a Windows Service to run code in the background, without user interaction.
- Wait for incoming requests.
- Monitor a queue, file system etc.If a program just needs to run periodically, like once a day.
How do I stop a Windows service?
Disable startup items and non-Microsoft services
- Quit all applications.
- Choose Start > Run, and type msconfig in the Open box.
- Write down all deselected items under the Startup and Services tabs.
- Click the General tab, and choose Selective startup.
- Click the Startup tab and select Disable All.
How do I enable services in Windows 10?
How to perform a Windows 10 clean boot
- Right-click the Start button.
- Click Search.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Click Services.
- Click the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click Disable all.
- Click Startup.
- Click Open Task Manager.
How do I create a .bat file?
- Click File and then Save, and then navigate to where you want to save the file. For the file name, type test.bat and if your version of Windows has a Save as type option, choose All files, otherwise it saves as a text file.
- To run the batch file, double-click it like any other program.
How do I schedule a batch file in Windows?
Schedule a Batch File to run automatically
- Step 1: Create a batch file you wish to run and place it under a folder where you have enough permissions.
- Step 2: Click on Start and under search, type in Task and click open Task Scheduler.
- Step 3: Select Create Basic Task from the Action pane on the right of the window.
How do I run a batch file in Windows 10?
How to create a batch file in Windows 10?
- Open a new Notepad file. You can also use any similar text file editor, like Notepad++.
- Type the following commands in the text file: echo off.
- Save the text file with the extension .bat instead of .txt.
- To Run the batch file, simply double-click it.
Are .bat files dangerous?
BAT. A BAT file is a DOS batch file used to execute commands with the Windows Command Prompt (cmd.exe). The danger: A BAT file contains a series of line commands that will run if it is opened, which makes it a good option for malicious programmers.
How do I create a .cmd file?
Here’s how to do it.
- Launch Notepad by clicking on Start then type Notepad on the search bar. Click on Notepad to launch the program.
- Type in your commands in Notepad. For example: start /w pkgmgr /iu:IIS-ASP.
- Save your file with a name of your choice BUT with an extension of .cmd.
How do I create a batch file to ping?
- Open Notepad.
- Enter the following command: ping ipaddress (replace ipaddress with the IP to be pinged)
- If you want the output to be saved to a file, re-write the command as follows: ping ipaddress >> C:\(path to the file).
- Save your file as ping.bat.
- When saving, save your file as “All files” not as .txt.
How do I connect to a debugger in Windows service?
- Open your solution in Visual Studio Administrator mode.
- Make sure your service is running.
- Open the “Attach to process window”
- Make sure both checkboxes are checked (all users, all sessions).
- Find the name of your executable in the list.
How do I install Windows 10 from command prompt?
Install Windows 10 from a USB Flash Drive
- Insert a usb drive at least 4gb in size.
- Open a command prompt as administrator. Hit Windows Key , type cmd and hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter .
- Run diskpart.
- Run list disk.
- Select your flash drive by running select disk #
- Run clean.
- Create a partition.
- Select the new partition.
How do I debug a Windows service?
How to: Debug the OnStart Method
- Add a call to Launch at the beginning of the OnStart() method.
- Start the service (you can use net start , or start it in the Services window).
- Select Yes, debug <service name>.
- In the Just-In-Time Debugger window, select the version of Visual Studio you want to use for debugging.
How do I start all services?
OK, do the following then.
- Click “Start” and then in the “Search” box, type: MSCONFIG and click the link which appears.
- Click the “Services tab” and then click the “Enable All” button.
How do I force start a service?
How to manually force a service to stop if not responding
- Click the Start menu.
- Click Run or in the search bar type ‘services.msc’
- Press Enter.
- Look for the service and check the Properties and identify its service name.
- Once found, open a command prompt. Type sc queryex [servicename].
- Press Enter.
- Identify the PID.
- In the same command prompt type taskkill /pid [pid number] /f.
How do I start a Windows service from the command line?
If you manage Windows Services and are comfortable working from the command line, then the Windows NET.EXE command should be in your toolkit. Use it to easily start, stop, pause or restart any service from an elevated command prompt, or in a convenient script/batch file.
How do I create a Windows 10 boot USB?
How to create a Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool
- Open the official Download Windows 10 page.
- Under “Create Windows 10 installation media,” click the Download tool now button.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Open folder button.
- Double-click the MediaCreationToolxxxx.exe file to launch the utility.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 from command prompt?
If you have the installation disc:
- Insert the Windows 10 or USB.
- Restart the computer.
- Press any key to boot from the media.
- Click Repair your computer or press R.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Type diskpart.
- Press Enter.
How do I repair Windows 10 with command prompt?
Fix the MBR in Windows 10
- Boot from the original installation DVD (or the recovery USB)
- At the Welcome screen, click Repair your computer.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt loads, type the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.