Resetting Windows 10 When Your HP Computer Does Not Boot
- Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
- Click Start . While holding down the Shift key, click Power, and then select Restart.
How do I reset my computer to factory settings Windows 10?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact.
How do I restore my computer to its factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I factory reset my computer Windows 10 without password?
How to factory reset Windows 10 without knowing the password
- While pressing the “Shift” key on your keyboard down, click on the Power icon on the screen and then select Restart.
- After a while of keeping the Shift key pressed, this screen will pop up:
- Choose the Troubleshoot option and hit Enter.
- Then choose “Remove Everything” on the following screen:
What happens after resetting Windows 10?
Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files. Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.
How long does a factory reset take Windows 10?
The Just Remove My Files option will take somewhere in the neighborhood of two hours, while the Fully Clean The Drive option can take as long as four hours. Of course, your mileage may vary.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings from command prompt?
The instructions are:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
How do I wipe my hard drive Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.
What happens when you reset your computer to factory settings?
It’s also smart to reset the PC before giving it to a new user or selling it. The resetting process removes the applications and files installed on the system, then reinstalls Windows and any applications that were originally installed by your PC’s manufacturer, including trial programs and utilities.
How do I bypass the login screen on Windows 10?
Way 1: Skip Windows 10 login screen with netplwiz
- Press Win + R to open Run box, and enter “netplwiz”.
- Uncheck “User must enter a user name and password to use the computer”.
- Click Apply and if there is pop-up dialog, please confirm the user account and enter its password.
How do you unlock a laptop without the password?
Follow the instructions below to unlock Windows password:
- Choose a Windows system running on your laptop from list.
- Choose a user account which you want to reset its password.
- Click “Reset” button to reset the selected account password to blank.
- Click “Reboot” button and unplug the reset disk to restart your laptop.
How do I reset my HP laptop to factory settings without password?
How to Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings without Password
- Step 1: Disconnect all connected devices and cables.
- Step 2: Turn on or restart the HP laptop and repeatedly press the F11 key until the Choose an option screen is displayed.
- Step 3: On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
Does factory reset remove Windows?
A factory reset will restore the original software that came with your computer. It’s run by using the software provided by the manufacturer, not Windows features. However, if you want to perform a clean reinstall keeping Windows 10, you simply need to go to Settings/Update & Security. Choose Reset this PC.
Will reset this PC remove Windows 10?
Reset this PC in Windows 10. To get started, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Then click the Get started button under the Reset this PC section. You can just remove your personal files, which is faster, but less secure.
Does factory reset delete everything laptop?
Simply restoring the operating system to factory settings does not delete all data and neither does formatting the hard drive before reinstalling the OS. To really wipe a drive clean, users will need to run secure-erase software. Linux users can try the Shred command, which overwrites files in a similar fashion.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”