Find operating system info in Windows 10
- Select the Start button > Settings > System > About .
- Under Device specifications > System type, see if you’re running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.
- Under Windows specifications, check which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
How do I find out my Windows version?
Click the Start button , enter Computer in the search box, right-click Computer, and click Properties. Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
How do I know which version of Windows 10 I have?
Check Windows 10 Build Version
- Win + R. Open up the run command with the Win + R key combo.
- Launch winver. Simply type in winver into the run command text box and hit OK. That is it. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.
What is my Windows build number?
Use the Winver Dialog and Control Panel. You can use the old standby “winver” tool to find the build number of your Windows 10 system. To launch it, you can tap the Windows key, type “winver” into the Start menu, and press Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type “winver” into the Run dialog, and press Enter.
What is the current build of Windows 10?
The initial version is the Windows 10 build 16299.15, and after a number of quality updates the latest version is Windows 10 build 16299.1127. Version 1709 support has ended on April 9, 2019, for Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, and IoT Core editions.
How do I check Windows version in CMD?
Option 4: Using Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key+R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” (no quotes), then click OK. This should open Command Prompt.
- The first line you see inside Command Prompt is your Windows OS version.
- If you want to know the build type of your operating system, run the line below:
How do I know if I have 32 or 64 bit Windows 10?
To check whether you’re using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10, open the Settings app by pressing Windows+I, and then head to System > About. On the right side, look for the “System type” entry.
What are the versions of Windows 10?
Windows 10 Home, which is the most basic PC version. Windows 10 Pro, which has touch features and is meant to work on two-in-one devices like laptop/tablet combinations, as well as some additional features to control how software updates get installed — important in the workplace.
How do I check my Windows 10 license?
On the left side of the window, click or tap Activation. Then, look on the right side, and you should see the activation status of your Windows 10 computer or device. In our case, Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to our Microsoft account.
How do I know if I have Windows 10 1809?
Get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update
- If you want to install the update now, select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
- If version 1809 isn’t offered automatically through Check for updates, you can get it manually through the Update Assistant.
How do I install the latest version of Windows 10?
To do this, head to the Windows 10 Update Assistant webpage and click ‘Update now’. The tool will download, then check for the latest version of Windows 10, which includes the Fall Creators Update. Once downloaded, run it, then select ‘Update Now’.
Is my Windows 10 up to date?
Check for updates in Windows 10. Open Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, it means that you have all the updates that are currently available for your system.
Do I have the latest version of Windows 10?
A. Microsoft’s recently released Creators Update for Windows 10 is also known as Version 1703. Last month’s upgrade to Windows 10 was Microsoft’s most recent revision of its Windows 10 operating system, arriving less than a year after the Anniversary Update (Version 1607) in August 2016.
How do I identify my operating system?
Check for operating system information in Windows 7
- Click the Start button. , enter Computer in the search box, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
How do I know what bit version of Windows I have?
Method 1: View the System window in Control Panel
- Click Start. , type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
- The operating system is displayed as follows: For a 64-bit version operating system, 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
How do I find my Microsoft Office version?
The following will walk you through how to find the version of Office you are running for Office 2013 & 2016:
- Start a Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Click the File tab in the ribbon.
- Then click Account.
- On the right, you should see an About button.
Should I install 32bit or 64bit Windows 10?
Windows 10 64-bit supports up to 2 TB of RAM, while Windows 10 32-bit can utilize up to 3.2 GB. The memory address space for 64-bit Windows is much larger, which means, you need twice as much memory than 32-bit Windows to accomplish some of the same tasks.
Is Windows 10 Home Edition 32 or 64 bit?
In Windows 7 and 8 (and 10) just click System in the Control Panel. Windows tells you whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. In addition to noting the type of OS you’re using, it also displays whether you’re using a 64-bit processor, which is required to run 64-bit Windows.
Where do I get my Windows 10 product key?
Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin)
- At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.
Is Windows 10 1809 OK now?
Windows 10, version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 re-released. On November 13, 2018, we re-released the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809. Resuming the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
Is it safe to install Windows 10 1809?
Microsoft re-released on Tuesday (13/11/2018) the latest Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809, known as “Windows 10 October 2018 Update”. But, some users reported that the update 1809 cannot be installed because the system freezes or reverts to the previous Windows 10 version without the upgrade.
How can I get Windows 10 1809?
How to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update)
- Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.
- Double-click the MediaCrationToolxxxx.exe file to launch the tool.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the licensing terms.
- Click the Accept button again.
- Select the option to keep your files and apps (if it’s not already selected).