Use Device Manager to fix audio issues in Windows 10
Make sure that your sound card is working properly and is running with updated drivers.
To fix audio issues in Windows 10, just open the Start and enter Device Manager.
Open it and from a list of devices, find your sound card, open it and click on the Driver tab.
How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
Right-click the Start button, select Device Manager, and right-click your sound driver, select Properties, and browse to the Driver tab. Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.
Why does my PC have no sound?
If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.
How do I fix no sound on my computer?
Fix 2: Check the audio settings in your computer
- 1. Make sure your audio device is set as default. 1) Right click the volume icon at the bottom right corner, and click Playback devices.
- Switch the audio format to fix no sound on computer.
Why is my volume not working Windows 10?
Sometimes you can fix this problem simply by running Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. If Volume Control is not working, you might be able to fix it by following these steps: Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app. In the right pane, select Hardware and Devices and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
How do I unmute an audio device in Windows 10?
Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen, and then hit ‘Open volume mixer’. If there is a little red circle over the speaker icons, click on it to unmute your sound.
How do I restore the sound on my computer?
Update the audio driver using Device Manager as follows:
- Connect to the Internet.
- Click Start , and type device manager into the Start Search field.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click the name of the audio device listed under Sound, video and game controllers.
- Select Update Driver Software.
Why is there no sound on my computer Windows 10?
Audio enhancements can sometimes interfere with the hardware drivers, thus it is important to disable them until a new driver update arrives on your PC. To fix audio issues in Windows 10 by setting the default device option, just open Start and enter Sound. Now open the appropriate result and click on the Playback tab.
How do I get sound back on my computer?
Power and Volume
- Verify that your speakers are turned on and properly connected to a power outlet.
- Click “Start” and select “Control Panel.” Choose “Hardware and Sound,” and then click on “Adjust System Volume.”
- Move the “Volume” slider up. Make sure that the volume is not muted.
How do I reset the sound on Windows 10?
Restart the audio driver in Windows 10
- Step 1: Open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button on the taskbar and then clicking Device Manager option.
- Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers to see your audio driver entry.
- Step 3: Right-click on your audio driver entry and then click Disable device option.
Why is there no sound on my laptop Windows 10?
Go to Device Manager to Fix No Sound Issue. You can go to the Device Manager to uninstall and then install the sound driver. This is mainly because the sound driver you install in the Device Manager can’t work properly. Try Driver Talent in Top method 1 to install the right audio driver for Windows 10.
How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 10?
Select the Start button, type Sound, and then select Sound Control Panel from the list of results. On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device, and then select Properties. On the Advanced tab, under Default Format, change the setting, and then retest your audio device.
How do I reinstall my audio driver Windows 10?
If updating it doesn’t work, then open your Device Manager, find your sound card again, and right-click on the icon. Select Uninstall. This will remove your driver, but don’t panic. Restart your computer, and Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
Why did my sound stop working on my computer?
Ensure that your Windows PC has a sound card or sound processor, and it’s working properly. If Device Status shows that the device is working correctly, the problem showing up is due to sound settings, the speakers, or the cables. 3] Set correct audio device as default. Type ‘Sound’ in search and select ‘Settings’.
How do I change my default sound device in Windows 10?
Go to the Sound Control Panel via one of the following ways:
- Navigate to the Control Panel, and click the “Sound” link.
- Run “mmsys.cpl” in your search box or command prompt.
- Right-click on the sound icon in your system tray and select “Playback Devices”
- In the Sound Control Panel, note which device is your system default.
How do I fix audio service is not responding?
A simple restart might reboot its configurations and solve the issue at hand.
- Press Windows + R, type “services.msc”, and press Enter.
- Once in services, navigate through all the entries until you find “Windows Audio”. Right-click on it and select “Restart”.
How do I unmute my headphones on Windows 10?
Re: T550 Sound won’t unmute when putting in headphones (Windows 10)
- Open “Realtek HD Audio Manager” from the application list in the Start Menu.
- Click “Device Advanced Settings” at the top right of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window.
- Select “Multi-stream mode” in the Audio Director section, click OK.
How do I unmute my microphone Windows 10?
If your microphone is muted:
- Open Control Panel.
- Open Sound.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Double-click on the microphone you are using in the list of recording devices:
- Click the Levels tab.
- Click the microphone icon, shown muted below: The icon will change to show as unmuted:
- Click Apply, then OK.
How do I unmute my sound?
When sound is muted your taskbar speaker will look like this. 4. Click the muted speaker at the bottom of the Volume Mixer – Speakers window.
How do I get sound back on my laptop?
Check your computer settings if neither of the above options work. Right-click the volume icon on your computer screen, and select “Adjust Audio Properties.” Click “Advanced” from the Speaker Settings box at the bottom of the pop-up screen. Then choose “Laptop Speakers.”
Why are my speakers not working?
If the issue is not software related, it is likely a hardware issue. Like any other hardware component in a computer, the device producing sound can fail. Make sure the computer sound card works properly by connecting another pair of speakers or headphones to the computer.
How do I fix my audio service on Windows 10?
Best fixes for Audio services not responding Windows 10
- Alas, you cannot hear any sound on your Windows 10 suddenly.
- 1) Right-click on the Start button to select Device Manager.
- 2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers, then right-click on your audio driver to select Uninstall device.
- 3) Click Uninstall.
Why can’t I hear sound on my laptop?
You can do this by going to Device Manager and then right-clicking on the sound device and choosing Uninstall. Go ahead and restart the computer and Windows will automatically reinstall the sound device. This may fix your problem in some cases. Hopefully, the sound on your laptop or PC is working now!
How do I uninstall audio drivers Windows 10?
How to Completely Remove/Uninstall Drivers on Windows 10
- Windows 10 users often come across the Windows driver removal problem.
- Open Run with Windows shortcut keys Win + R.
- Type into control and hit the Enter key.
- In Control Panel, go to Programs and Features.
- Right-click the driver and select Uninstall.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
Why is my microphone not working Windows 10?
Make Sure That Microphone Is Not Muted. Another reason for a ‘microphone problem’ is that it is simply muted or the volume set to a minimum. To check, right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select “Recording devices”. Select the microphone (your recording device) and click “Properties”.
How do I fix audio service is not running?
Fix 1: Modify the audio related services settings
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type services.msc and press Enter to open the Services window:
- Click Windows Audio, then Restart.
- Right-click Windows Audio, then select Properties.
- Set the Startup to Automatic.
How do I improve the sound quality on my laptop Windows 10?
To adjust the sound effects, press Win + I (this is going to open Settings) and go to “Personalization -> Themes -> Sounds.” For faster access, you can also right-click on the speaker icon and choose Sounds. Under Sound Scheme click on the dropdown menu and choose between “Windows Default” or “No Sounds.”
Photo in the article by “Flickr”