Use the Control Panel shortcut from the Start Menu or the Start screen (all Windows versions) A slightly slower way of starting the Control Panel in Windows 10 is to do it from the Start Menu.
Click or tap on the Start button and, in the Start Menu, scroll down to the Windows System folder.Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter control panel in the empty box and click OK.
Way 6: Open the app by Command Prompt.
Step 1: Tap the Start button to open the Start Menu, input cmd in the search box and click Command Prompt to open it.
Step 2: Type control panel in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.A slightly slower way of starting the Control Panel in Windows 10 is to do it from the Start Menu.
Click or tap on the Start button and, in the Start Menu, scroll down to the Windows System folder.
There you will find a Control Panel shortcut.
What is the shortcut key to open control panel?
Thankfully, there are three keyboard shortcuts that will grant you quick access to the Control Panel.
- Windows key and the X key. This opens a menu in the lower-right corner of the screen, with Control Panel listed among its options.
- Windows-R to open the run command window and enter Control Panel.
Where can I find the control panel?
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search), enter Control Panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
How do I create a shortcut to Control Panel in Windows 10?
Steps to create Control Panel shortcut on Windows 10 desktop: Step 1: Right-click any blank area on the desktop, point at New in the context menu and choose Shortcut from the sub-menu. Step 2: In the Create Shortcut window, type %windir%\system32\control.exe in the empty box and tap Next.
How do I open control panel as administrator Windows 10?
How to run programs as an administrator in Windows 10
- Find the app in the Start Menu under All apps as you would have done before.
- Click Open file location from within the More menu.
- Right click on the program and select Properties.
- Click Advanced within the Shortcut tab which is the default one.
How do I open control panel as administrator?
You should be able to run the Control Panel as administrator by doing the following:
- Create a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\control.exe .
- Right click the shortcut you made and click Properties, then click the Advanced button.
- Check the box for Run As Administrator.
How do I access settings on Windows 10?
Way 1: Open it in the Start Menu. Click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it. Press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings. Tap the search box on the taskbar, input setting in it and select Settings in the results.
Is there a keyboard shortcut for control panel?
From Keyboard Shortcut. For example, I assigned the letter “c” to this shortcut and as a result, when I press Ctrl + Alt + C, it opens the Control Panel for me. In Windows 7 and above, you can always press Windows key, start typing control, and press Enter to launch Control Panel as well.
Where is the Start button on Windows 10?
The Start button in Windows 10 is a small button that displays the Windows logo and is always displayed at the left end of the Taskbar. You can click the Start button in Windows 10 to display the Start menu or the Start screen.
How do I get the classic look in Windows 10?
Just do the opposite.
- Click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
- At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
- At the Personalization window, click the option for Start.
- In the right pane of the screen, the setting for “Use Start full screen” will be turned on.
How do I get control panel on desktop?
A. You can add an icon for This PC (Microsoft’s new name for My Computer) to your Windows 10 desktop, as well as icons for your user folder, Network, Recycle Bin and Control Panel. Start by right-clicking on the desktop and choosing Personalize from the contextual menu.
How do I create a shortcut to settings?
Here’s how to make it work:
- Right-click or tap and hold any blank place on the Windows 10 Desktop.
- Choose New > Shortcut.
- Pick one of the ms-settings apps listed below and type it into the input box.
- Click Next, give the shortcut a name, and click Finish.
How do you create a shortcut on Windows 10?
Show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Personalization > Themes.
- Under Themes > Related Settings, select Desktop icon settings.
- Choose the icons you would like to have on your desktop, then select Apply and OK.
- Note: If you are in tablet mode, you may not be able to see your desktop icons properly.
How do I open administrator privileges in Windows 10?
Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.
How do I open Device Manager as administrator in Windows 10?
To open Device Manager, you first need to open a Run dialog box. If you are a Windows 10 user, you can open Run in several different ways. You can right-click the Start button and select “Run” from the contextual menu; press the Windows key + R keys on the keyboard, or; type “run” in Search and click the “Run” result.
How do I get into administrator mode in Windows 10?
Method 2 – From Admin Tools
- Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
- Type “lusrmgr.msc“, then press “Enter“.
- Open “Users“.
- Select “Administrator“.
- Uncheck or check “Account is disabled” as desired.
- Select “OK“.
How do I run add remove programs as administrator?
Open the run box (windows key + r) and type runas /user:DOMAINADMIN cmd. You will be prompted for the domain administrator password. Type said password and press enter. Once the elevated command prompt appears, type control appwiz.cpl to open the Add/Remove Programs control panel.
How do I open network connection as administrator?
- Start command prompt with elevated rights, paste ncpa.cpl into command line and run command.
- Like Below.
- Screen should pop up then just right click and select properties.
- 1.Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel.
How do I open Device Manager as administrator?
Open the Run window (press Windows+R on the keyboard), type devmgmt.msc and press Enter or click OK. Another command that you can type inside the Run window is: control hdwwiz.cpl.
Where is the Settings app on Windows 10?
Now that we know what the Settings app is, let’s see all the ways for starting it:
- Open Settings using the Start Menu.
- Open Settings using Windows + I keys on the keyboard.
- Access Settings using the WinX power user’s menu.
- Open Windows 10 Settings using the Action Center.
- Use search to open the Settings app.
Can not open settings in Windows 10?
Not being able to open the Settings app can be a big problem, but users reported the following issues as well: Windows 10 settings not responding – This is a common problem that users are experiencing. Settings doesn’t launch windows 10 – Another common problem is the inability to launch Settings app.
How do I open the Start menu in Windows 10?
How to enable full screen mode for the Start Menu in Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Start.
- Click on the switch below the Use Start full screen heading.
How do I get my desktop back in Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Can I make Windows 10 look like 7?
While you can’t get back the transparent aero effect in title bars, you can make them show a nice Windows 7 blue. Here’s how. Right Click on the desktop and select Personalization. Toggle “Automatically pick an accent color from my background” to off if you want to choose a custom color.
How do I find the classic Control Panel in Windows 10?
To start the Windows Classic Control Panel in Windows 10 just type in Control in the search box and then you can start the control panel or if you want to create a Control Panel Desktop Shortcut follow the steps bellow: Go to Start Menu->Settings->Personalization and then select Themes from the left window panel.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”