Reformat the Hard Drive in Windows XP
- To reformat a hard drive with Windows XP, insert Windows CD and restart your computer.
- Your computer should automatically boot from the CD to the Windows Setup Main Menu.
- At the Welcome to Setup page, press ENTER.
- Press F8 to accept the Windows XP Licensing Agreement.
How do I restore Windows XP to factory settings without CD?
To access it, follow these instructions:
- Boot the computer.
- Press F8 and hold until your system boots into Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Repair Cour Computer.
- Select a keyboard layout.
- Click Next.
- Login as an administrative user.
- Click OK.
- At the System Recovery Options window, select Startup Repair.
How do you format a Windows XP computer?
- Get a Windows XP installation CD.
- Start your PC and press key F2, F12 or the Delete key (Depends on your PC model).
- Insert your Windows XP Installation CD and restart your PC.
- Accept the License agreement by pressing the F8 key.
- Select “hard drive partition” for installation of XP.
How do you do a clean install of Windows XP without CD?
To reload Windows XP without losing files, you can perform an in-place upgrade, also known as a repair installation. Insert the Windows XP CD into the optical drive and then press “Ctrl-Alt-Del” to restart the computer. Press any key when prompted to load the contents of the disc.
How do I factory reset my Dell computer with Windows XP?
PC Restore for Windows XP 1. Turn on or reboot/restart the computer. 2. When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press and hold <Ctrl> and then press <F11>.
How do I do a System Restore on XP?
To create a restore point in Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Boot your computer.
- Login in as an Administrator or with any user account that has administrative rights.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
- Click on System Restore.
- Wait for the software to open.
- Click on Create a restore point.
- Click Next.
Can you factory reset a computer without a CD?
3.When the computer logo appears on the screen, you need to press and hold the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options menu. When the 9 steps above to restore system to factory default settings without Windows disc has been finished, your Windows 7 computer can be nearly acted as a new computer.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
How can I format my system?
How to Format a Computer
- Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
How do you reset your computer to factory?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Can you install Windows XP on a new computer?
To install Windows XP to a new hard disk, follow these steps: Start your computer from the Windows XP CD (or boot disks). To do this, insert the Windows XP CD into your CD or DVD drive, and then restart your computer. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to start Windows XP Setup.
Can I reinstall Windows XP?
If you have an option to repair the present Windows XP installation, press R key here. After disk check is complete, Windows will copy setup files to your hard drive: When file copy process has completed, Windows XP will restart your computer. Do not remove the Windows XP installation CD from your CD or DVD drive!
Can I still install Windows XP?
“Windows XP can still be installed and activated after end of support on April 8,” the spokesperson noted. “Computers running Windows XP will still work, they just won’t receive any new security updates. Support of Windows XP ends on April 8, 2014, regardless of when you install the OS.”
How do I wipe my Dell computer clean?
- Press the Windows key plus the “C” key to open the Charms menu.
- Select the Search option and type reinstall in the Search text field (do not press Enter).
- Select the Settings option.
- On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows.
- On the “Reset your PC” screen, click Next.
How do I wipe my old Dell desktop?
Choose Remove Everything to wipe the computer. You will have the option to only delete your files or to delete everything and clean the entire drive. After the process is completed, the computer will restart with a fresh drive. This is the quickest method of wiping the hard drive on a Dell Inspiron.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset Android in Recovery Mode
- Turn your phone off.
- Hold the Volume down button, and while doing so, also hold the Power button until the phone turns on.
- You’ll see the word Start, then you should press Volume down until Recovery mode is highlighted.
- Now press the Power button to start recovery mode.
How can I repair Windows XP with command prompt?
From the installation disc
- Insert the install disc and restart your computer.
- Press any key when the message appear to boot from the disk.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Enter the Administrator password, if prompted.
- When Command Prompt appears, type the command: chkdsk c: /r.
- Press Enter.
Does System Restore delete files?
Although System Restore can change all your system files, Windows updates and programs, it will not remove/delete or modify any of your personal files like your photos, documents, music, videos, emails stored on your hard drive. Even you have uploaded a few dozen pictures and documents, it will not undo the upload.
How do I perform a System Restore?
To restore to an earlier point, follow these steps.
- Save all your files.
- From the Start button menu, choose All Programs→Accessories→System Tools→System Restore.
- In Windows Vista, click the Continue button or type the administrator’s password.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose the proper restore date.
How do I wipe my computer Windows 10 without a disk?
Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option. Then follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 to a factory fresh state.
Option 1: Reset this PC
- Download DBAN.
- Boot your PC with the DBAN disc.
- Securely erase your hard drive.
- Reinstall Windows 10.
Can I format my laptop without CD?
Format Laptop Without Windows Installation USB/CD. Step 1. Start your computer, then press F8 or F11 before Windows loads. The utility will complete the formatting and restart your laptop.
How do I restore my Dell computer to factory settings windows 7 without CD?
When the Dell logo appears on the screen, press F8 several times to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.Note: If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn’t open, wait for the Windows login prompt. Then restart the computer and try again. Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer and then press Enter.
How do I do a factory reset with Windows 10?
Reset or reinstall Windows 10
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Restart your PC to get to the sign-in screen, then press and hold down the Shift key while you select the Power icon > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen.
How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact.
How do I reset my Dell computer to factory settings windows 7?
- Restart your computer.
- As your computer restarts, tap the F8 key once a second the before the Dell logo appears to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.
- Select your language settings, and click Next.
- Log on as an administrator, and click OK.
How do I make a Windows XP repair disk?
Create disc for Windows 7
- Boot your computer.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD.
- Go to Start.
- Type recdisc.exe and hit Enter afterwards. If the Create a system repair disc screen doesn’t appear, follow these steps:
- Select the drive from the Drive: list.
- Click Create disc.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Can you still buy Windows XP?
Except for whatever copies of Windows are still on store shelves or installed on computers sitting on store shelves, you can no longer buy Windows XP after today. But you can still get XP for new computers, if you’re willing to jump through some hurdles.
Can I install XP over Windows 7?
You should then be able to install from your Windows XP CD. If you want to use just Windows XP, reboot your PC from the Windows XP CD. Then boot to your XP disk and create new partitions. Then reinstall Windows 7 if you want a dual boot.
Photo in the article by “Max Pixel”