Restore Windows 7 to factory settings
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
How do you reformat a computer with Windows 7?
How to Format a Computer
- Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
How do I delete everything on my computer windows 7?
Press the Windows key plus the “C” key to open the Charms menu. Select the Search option and type reinstall in the Search text field (do not press Enter). On the left side of the screen, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows. On the “Reset your PC” screen, click Next.
How can I format my system?
- Backup any important data.
- Insert your Windows installation disc.
- Set your computer to boot from the installation drive.
- Start the setup process.
- Select a “Custom” installation.
- Select the partition you want to format.
- Format the selected partition.
- Install your operating system.
How do I perform a clean install of Windows 7?
Windows 7 Clean Install
- Step 1: Boot From the Windows 7 DVD or USB Device.
- Step 2: Wait for Windows 7 Installation Files to Load.
- Step 3: Choose Language and Other Preferences.
- Step 4: Click the Install Now Button.
- Step 5: Accept the Windows 7 License Terms.
How do I reformat windows 7 without a disk?
To access it, follow these instructions:
- Boot the computer.
- Press F8 and hold until your system boots into Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Repair Cour Computer.
- Select a keyboard layout.
- Click Next.
- Login as an administrative user.
- Click OK.
- At the System Recovery Options window, select Startup Repair.
How can I format my laptop without CD Windows 7?
Solution 4. Format Laptop Without Windows Installation USB/CD
- Start your computer, then press F8 or F11 before Windows loads.
- Click “Next” to enter System Recovery. There are two options for choose.
- The utility will complete the formatting and restart your laptop. Just wait patiently until the last.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
How do I erase everything on my computer?
You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option. Then follow the on-screen instructions to restore Windows 10 to a factory fresh state.
How do I clear my laptop before selling Windows 7?
Go to Control Panel, type in ‘reinstall Windows’ and, in the Recovery menu, choose Advanced recovery methods, then click on the Reinstall Windows option. You’ll be prompted to back up your PC first.
How do I reformat a hard drive?
To partition and format your drive, you can use Windows’ built-in tool called Disk Management. You can repartition and format your hard drives in Windows using the Disk Management tool. In Windows 7, click Start. Next, right-click Computer, then click Manage.
How do you format a boot?
Method 4 Formatting Your Boot Drive (OS X)
- Back up any data on the drive you want to save.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet.
- Restart your computer.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the boot menu.
- Select your hard drive from the list on the left.
- Choose your file system.
- Give your drive a name.
- Format the drive.
How do I reformat Windows 10 without a disk?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact.
Will reinstalling Windows 7 delete everything?
As long as you do not explicitly choose to format/delete your partitions as you are reinstalling, your files will still be there, the old windows system will be put under old.windows folder in your default system drive.
How do I do a repair install of Windows 7?
Using the installation disc
- Boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD.
- At the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD…” message, press any key to boot from the DVD.
- At the Install Windows screen, select a language, time and keyboard.
- Click Next.
- Click Repair your computer or press R.
- System Recovery Options is now available.
How do you make partitions in Windows 7 while installing it?
Partition the Hard Drive in a Windows 7 Install
- Boot your computer to the Windows 7 DVD.
- Select to “Go online” for latest updates.
- Select the Operating System you wish to install.
- Accept the license terms and click next.
- Select “Custom (advanced)”.
- In this screen you see existing partitions (my test setup).
- I used “Delete” to remove the existing partitions.
Can you factory reset Windows 7 without the installation disk?
How to Reset Windows 7 to Factory Settings without Install Disc
- Click Start, then choose Control Panel.
- Next choose Backup and Restore.
- In the Backup and Restore window, click on the Recover system settings or your computer link.
- Next, choose Advanced recovery methods.
How do I restore my computer to its factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I restore my Dell computer to factory settings windows 7 without CD?
When the Dell logo appears on the screen, press F8 several times to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.Note: If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn’t open, wait for the Windows login prompt. Then restart the computer and try again. Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer and then press Enter.
How do I reset my Dell computer to factory settings windows 7?
- Restart your computer.
- As your computer restarts, tap the F8 key once a second the before the Dell logo appears to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.
- Select your language settings, and click Next.
- Log on as an administrator, and click OK.
How can I completely format my laptop?
Method 2 Reformatting a Laptop Using Restoration Partition
- Restart your computer. While the machine is rebooting, repeatedly press the F10 key on your keyboard until the machine boots.
- Select the option for installing a fresh system.
- Wait for the reformat to complete.
How do I format my hard drive using command prompt windows 7?
How to Format a Hard Drive Using the Command Prompt
- STEP 1: Open Command Prompt As Administrator. Opening the command prompt.
- STEP 2: Use Diskpart. Using diskpart.
- STEP 3: Type List Disk. Using list disk.
- STEP 4: Select the Drive to Format. Formatting a drive.
- STEP 5: Clean the Disk.
- STEP 6: Create Partition Primary.
- STEP 7: Format the Drive.
- STEP 8: Assign a Drive Letter.
How do I delete all personal information from my computer?
Return to the Control Panel and then click “Add or Remove User Accounts.” Click your user account, and then click “Delete the account.” Click “Delete files,” and then click “Delete Account.” This is an irreversible process and your personal files and information are erased.
How do I wipe the harddrive on my computer?
5 steps to wipe a computer hard drive
- Step 1: Back up your hard-drive data.
- Step 2: Don’t just delete files from your computer.
- Step 3: Use a program to wipe your drive.
- Step 4: Physically wipe your hard drive.
- Step 5: Do a fresh installation of the operating system.
How do I wipe my hard drive for reuse?
How to Wipe a Hard Drive for Reuse
- Right-click “My Computer” and click “Manage” to launch the Computer Management applet.
- Click “Disk Management” on the left pane.
- Select a “Primary Partition” or an “Extended Partition” from the menu.
- Assign a desired drive letter from the choices available.
- Assign an optional volume label to the hard drive.
How do I clean my laptop before returning it?
Go to the Settings menu, then Update & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC. Make sure you select the option to remove everything, including your personal files.
How do I permanently delete files in Windows 7?
Permanently delete files in Windows 7
- Step 1: Download and install the latest version of CCleaner.
- Step 2: From the main CCleaner window, click on the “Tools” icon to the left.
- Step 3: Select “Drive Wiper” from the list that appears in the new pane.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”