Select explorer.exe from the processes, and click on the End Process button.
Next, you’d click on File tab, choose New task (Run…), type explorer.exe in the box and click OK.
Windows 10/8 offers the context menu option to Restart Explorer in its Task Manager.
How do I restart File Explorer?
- Open the Start menu.
- Hold down the Control and Shift keys, and right-click on a blank space in the Start menu.
- Choose “Exit Explorer.”
- Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), navigate to File->Run, enter “explorer” and hit OK.
How do I restart Explorer EXE?
Select the Exit Explorer command. Start menu, Taskbar and Desktop will the closed and the other applications will continue to run in the background. To manually start a new Explorer.exe, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to launch Task Manager. Now simply type explorer.exe in the new task box to restart the explorer.
How do I restart Explorer exe from command prompt?
Steps to Restart explorer.exe Process in Windows 10
- METHOD 1.
- Open Task manager by typing it in Cortana.
- Now go to the Process tab.
- METHOD 2.
- Press Windows+X and go to Command Prompt (Admin).
- To stop the explorer.exe process, type the following command.
- taskkill /f /im explorer.exe.
- To start the explorer.exe process,
How do I restart Explorer EXE in Remote Desktop?
Use Ctrl + Alt + End to log off. You should be able to get Task Manager up on a Remote Session with CTRL + SHIFT + ESC as mentioned in the link. You provided above. This should then allow you to click File > New Task(Run) and then launch explorer.exe from there.
How do I fix File Explorer not opening?
Method 3: Restart the File Explorer
- Press CTRL, SHIFT and ESC key simultaneously (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC).
- This should open the Task Manager.
- In the Task manager, click the Processes.
- Locate and select the Windows Explorer.
- Click the Restart bottom at the bottom right corner.
How do I fix Windows Explorer restart?
Follow these things:
- Press Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Wait until completing the process.
- Now, You should no longer face explorer.exe restarting problem.
Why is explorer exe not working?
To access the Task Manager to restart the explorer.exe process, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. In the Task Manager, select New Task (Run…) from the File menu. Type “explorer.exe” (without the quotes) in the Open edit box and click OK. The Taskbar, desktop, and other components of Windows are restored.
How do I fix Windows Explorer from crashing?
Windows Explorer Keep Crashing? Here Are a Few Fixes
- Keep Windows up to date. There is no point in trying to solve this problem if your Windows isn’t updated.
- Uninstall third-party add-ons.
- Disable thumbnails.
- Launch folder windows in a separate process.
- Clear Windows Explorer history.
- Check Windows Event Viewer.
- Put explorer.exe in System32 folder.
- Run SFC and Chkdsk scans.
How do I repair Windows Explorer?
Method 2-Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working Perfect Solution FIX :
- Click Start, and type “cmd” in Search box.
- Once you saw cmd.exe, right-click cmd.exe, and then click “Run as administrator”.
- At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow and then press ENTER.
How do I open a command prompt window in a folder?
In File Explorer, press and hold the Shift key, then right click or press and hold on a folder or drive that you want to open the command prompt at that location for, and click/tap on Open Command Prompt Here option.
How do I open Windows Explorer from CMD?
To do this, open a command prompt from the keyboard by typing Win+R, or click on Start \ Run then type cmd in the run box and click OK. Navigate to the folder you want displayed in Windows Explorer by using the Change Directory command “cd” (with out the quotes).
How do I open Windows Explorer from command prompt?
Let’s get started :
- Press Win + E on your keyboard.
- Use the File Explorer shortcut on the taskbar.
- Use Cortana’s search.
- Use the File Explorer shortcut from the WinX menu.
- Use the File Explorer shortcut from the Start Menu.
- Run explorer.exe.
- Create a shortcut and pin it to your desktop.
- Use Command Prompt or Powershell.
How do I restart a PC from Remote Desktop?
When you are using Remote Desktop and connect to a Windows XP Professional computer, the Log Off and Shutdown commands are missing from the Start menu. To shut down a remote computer when you are using Remote Desktop, press CTRL+ALT+END, and then click Shutdown.
How do I start Windows Explorer after killing?
Restart Windows Explorer. Now, to start Windows explorer again, you will have to use Task manager too. Task manager should be already open (Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc again if you can’t see it), just click on “File” at the top of the window. From the menu, click on “New Task (Run)” and type “explorer” in the next window.
How do I restart my computer using the keyboard?
Press and hold the “Ctrl” and “Alt” keys on the keyboard, and then press the “Delete” key. If Windows is functioning properly, you’ll see a dialog box with several options. If you don’t see the dialog box after a few seconds, press “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” again to restart.
Why is my file explorer not opening?
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager. 2. Locate the Windows Explorer and then right-click it to select End task. Type explorer.exe in the box and then hit Enter.Then you should be able to open the File Explorer without the lasting loading.
How do I fix File Explorer problems in Windows 10?
To run it:
- Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security.
- Select Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now > Windows 10 Advanced Startup.
- On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Then, on the Advanced Options screen, select Automated Repair.
- Enter your name and password.
Can’t Open Windows File Explorer?
Windows File Explorer will not open. If you face this issue here are a few things you could try. Select Ctrl + Shift + Esc and then select Task Manager from the menu. Find Windows Explorer and right-click on it, select End task.
How do I fix Windows explorer not responding?
Solution 1. Restart File Explorer in Task Manager
- Right-click Windows Explorer in Task Manager and choose End task.
- Click File on the upper left corner and then choose Run new task.
- Input explorer.exe in the box and then press Enter.
- In this way, file explorer will restart very quickly.
How do I fix Windows Explorer has stopped working?
Click Start, and then type cmd in the Search box. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. . At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow and then press ENTER. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that are found.
Why does Windows explorer keep crashing Windows 10?
If File Explorer crashes on your Windows 10 PC, you might be able to fix the problem simply by changing its settings. According to users, you can fix this problem simply by enabling a single setting. Check Launch folder windows in a separate process and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
How do you open a file in CMD?
Method 1 Opening Basic Programs
- Open Start. .
- Type command prompt into Start. Doing so will search your computer for the Command Prompt program.
- Click Command Prompt. .
- Type start into Command Prompt. Make sure you place a space after start .
- Type the program’s name into Command Prompt.
- Press ↵ Enter .
How do I open a .cmd file in Windows 10?
Just click the Search or Cortana icon in the Windows 10 taskbar and type “Run.” You’ll see the Run command appear at the top of the list. Once you’ve found the Run command icon via one of the two methods above, right-click on it and select Pin to Start.
How do I open a text file in CMD?
Open text file from command line. On a Windows machine, we can open a text file from command prompt by just giving the file name. For example to open a text file named file1.txt, we just need to type file1.txt in the command prompt and press ‘Enter’.
How do I navigate in Windows Explorer with keyboard?
Make Use of Keyboard Shortcuts
- Windows+E: Launch Windows Explorer.
- Alt+Left and Alt+Right: Go back and forward.
- Alt+D and Ctrl+L: Select Address Bar.
- Alt+P: Show or hide the preview pane.
- Alt+Enter or Alt+Double Click: Show the properties of the selected file.
What is Windows Explorer called in Windows 10?
Alternatively referred to as Windows Explorer or Explorer, File Explorer is a file browser found in every version of Microsoft Windows since Windows 95. It is used to navigate and manage the drives, folders, and files on your computer. The image below shows File Explorer in Windows 10.
What is the shortcut key to open Windows Explorer?
If you use Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, press Windows + X on the keyboard, to open the WinX menu. You can also right-click on the Start button to get the same result. This menu also includes a shortcut for File Explorer. Click or tap on it, and File Explorer opens immediately.
Photo in the article by “Ybierling”