Select explorer.exe from the processes, and click on the End Process button.
Next, you’d click on File tab, choose New task (Run…), type explorer.exe in the box and click OK.
Windows 10/8 offers the context menu option to Restart Explorer in its Task Manager.
Can I restart Windows Explorer?
Open the Start menu. Hold down the Control and Shift keys, and right-click on a blank space in the Start menu. Choose “Exit Explorer.” Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), navigate to File->Run, enter “explorer” and hit OK.
How do I start Windows Explorer after killing?
Restart Windows Explorer. Now, to start Windows explorer again, you will have to use Task manager too. Task manager should be already open (Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc again if you can’t see it), just click on “File” at the top of the window. From the menu, click on “New Task (Run)” and type “explorer” in the next window.
How do I restart taskbar?
Method 1: Restart the Windows Explorer to Fix the Frozen Taskbar Issue
- Use shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
- Select the Windows Explorer on the list and then click on the button Restart at the right bottom.
How do I fix Windows Explorer restart?
Follow these things:
- Press Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
- Wait until completing the process.
- Now, You should no longer face explorer.exe restarting problem.
How do I fix File Explorer not opening?
Method 3: Restart the File Explorer
- Press CTRL, SHIFT and ESC key simultaneously (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC).
- This should open the Task Manager.
- In the Task manager, click the Processes.
- Locate and select the Windows Explorer.
- Click the Restart bottom at the bottom right corner.
How do you open Windows Explorer in Windows 10?
Let’s get started :
- Press Win + E on your keyboard.
- Use the File Explorer shortcut on the taskbar.
- Use Cortana’s search.
- Use the File Explorer shortcut from the WinX menu.
- Use the File Explorer shortcut from the Start Menu.
- Run explorer.exe.
- Create a shortcut and pin it to your desktop.
- Use Command Prompt or Powershell.
How do I repair Windows Explorer?
Method 2-Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working Perfect Solution FIX :
- Click Start, and type “cmd” in Search box.
- Once you saw cmd.exe, right-click cmd.exe, and then click “Run as administrator”.
- At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow and then press ENTER.
How do I restore Windows Explorer?
To access the Task Manager to restart the explorer.exe process, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. In the Task Manager, select New Task (Run…) from the File menu. The Create New Task dialog box displays. Type “explorer.exe” (without the quotes) in the Open edit box and click OK.
Why is my Windows 10 Taskbar not working?
Restart Windows Explorer. A quick first step when you have any Taskbar issue is to restart the explorer.exe process. This controls the Windows shell, which includes the File Explorer app as well as the Taskbar and Start Menu. To restart this process, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
How do I restart my computer without the taskbar?
Step 1: Press Alt+F4 to open the Shut Down Windows dialog box. Step 2: Click the down arrow, choose Restart or Shut down in the list and tap OK. Way 4: Restart or shutdown on the Settings Panel. Step 1: Use Windows+C to open the Charms Menu and select Settings on it.
How do I fix the unresponsive taskbar in Windows 10?
Restart Windows Explorer to fix the Windows 10 Taskbar
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and select Task Manager.
- Select Windows Explorer in the Apps menu.
- Select the Restart button in the bottom right of the window.
Why does my file explorer keep crashing Windows 10?
If File Explorer crashes on your Windows 10 PC, you might be able to fix the problem simply by changing its settings. According to users, you can fix this problem simply by enabling a single setting. Check Launch folder windows in a separate process and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
How do I fix Windows Explorer has stopped working?
Click Start, and then type cmd in the Search box. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. . At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow and then press ENTER. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that are found.
How do I fix Windows explorer not responding?
Solution 1. Restart File Explorer in Task Manager
- Right-click Windows Explorer in Task Manager and choose End task.
- Click File on the upper left corner and then choose Run new task.
- Input explorer.exe in the box and then press Enter.
- In this way, file explorer will restart very quickly.
Why is my file explorer not opening?
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start Task Manager. 2. Locate the Windows Explorer and then right-click it to select End task. Type explorer.exe in the box and then hit Enter.Then you should be able to open the File Explorer without the lasting loading.
How do I fix File Explorer problems in Windows 10?
To run it:
- Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security.
- Select Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now > Windows 10 Advanced Startup.
- On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Then, on the Advanced Options screen, select Automated Repair.
- Enter your name and password.
Can’t Open Windows File Explorer?
Windows File Explorer will not open. If you face this issue here are a few things you could try. Select Ctrl + Shift + Esc and then select Task Manager from the menu. Find Windows Explorer and right-click on it, select End task.
Why is my Internet Explorer not working on Windows 10?
Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC Keys simultaneously to pull up Task Manager. Locate iexplore.exe under the Processes tab. Go to the Advanced tab, and place a check on Use software rendering instead GPU rendering. Click Apply/OK and this should fix the issue with Internet Explorer.
How do I fix Windows Explorer from crashing?
Windows Explorer Keep Crashing? Here Are a Few Fixes
- Keep Windows up to date. There is no point in trying to solve this problem if your Windows isn’t updated.
- Uninstall third-party add-ons.
- Disable thumbnails.
- Launch folder windows in a separate process.
- Clear Windows Explorer history.
- Check Windows Event Viewer.
- Put explorer.exe in System32 folder.
- Run SFC and Chkdsk scans.
How do I troubleshoot Windows Explorer?
To resolve this issue you need to determine what is causing Windows Explorer to stop working, try the troubleshooting steps below to help determine the issue.
- Update your current video driver.
- Run System File Checker (SFC) to check your files.
- Scan your PC for Virus or Malware infections.
How do I reinstall Windows Explorer?
You can turn the Internet Explorer Windows feature back on to reinstall it on your computer.
- Step 1: Download the version of Internet Explorer that you are using.
- Step 2: Uninstall the version of Internet Explorer that you are using.
- Step 3: Install the version of Internet Explorer that you downloaded.
How do I fix File Explorer?
How To Fix File Explorer?
- Clear File Explorer History.
- Launch Folder Windows In A Separate Process.
- Uninstall Foxit PhantomPDF.
- Run System File Checker.
- Execute Netsh Winsock Reset Command.
- Update Your Windows Operating System.
- Open File Explorer To This PC.
What Windows Explorer do?
Windows Explorer is the file management application in Windows. Windows Explorer can be used to navigate your hard drive and display the contents of the folders and subfolders you use to organize your files on your hard drive. Windows Explorer is automatically launched any time you open a folder in Windows XP.
Why does my start button not work on Windows 10?
Many problems with Windows come down to corrupt files, and Start menu issues are no exception. To fix this, launch the Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager, or hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete. If this doesn’t fix your Windows 10 Start menu issues, move on to the next option below.
How do I unfreeze my taskbar Windows 10?
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open Task Manager. Try to access Taskbar on your Windows 10 now. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open Task Manager. Then type explorer in the pop-up box and click OK.
How do I fix a frozen taskbar in Windows 10?
Method 1: Restarting Windows Explorer
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Windows Task Manager.
- Search for Explorer in the processes tab.
- Right-click on the Explorer entry and select Restart.
- Explorer will restart and the taskbar should start working again.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”