Use the keyboard shortcut: Alt + PrtScn
You can also take screenshots of the active window.
Open the window that you want to capture and press Alt + PrtScn on your keyboard.
The screenshot is saved to the clipboard.
How do you screenshot on a Windows 10 laptop?
Method One: Take Quick Screenshots with Print Screen (PrtScn)
- Press the PrtScn button to copy the screen to the clipboard.
- Press the Windows+PrtScn buttons on your keyboard to save the screen to a file.
- Use the built-in Snipping Tool.
- Use the Game Bar in Windows 10.
How do you screenshot on a Microsoft laptop?
To take a screenshot, press and hold the Windows icon button located at the bottom of the tablet. With the Windows button pressed, simultaneously push the lower volume rocker on the side of the Surface. At this point, you should notice the screen dim then brighten again as if you took a snapshot with a camera.
How do you capture a screenshot on a PC?
- Click on the window you would like to capture.
- Press Ctrl + Print Screen (Print Scrn) by holding down the Ctrl key and then pressing the Print Screen key.
- Click the Start button, located on the lower left-hand side of your desktop.
- Click on All Programs.
- Click on Accessories.
- Click on Paint.
How do you screenshot on a laptop HP?
HP computers run Windows OS, and Windows allows you to take screenshot by simply pressing the “PrtSc”, “Fn + PrtSc” or “Win+ PrtSc” keys. On Windows 7, the screenshot will be copied to the clipboard once you press the “PrtSc” key. And you can use Paint or Word to save the screenshot as an image.
Where do screenshots go on PC?
To take a screenshot and save the image directly to a folder, press the Windows and Print Screen keys simultaneously. You’ll see your screen dim briefly, emulating a shutter effect. To find your saved screenshot head to the default screenshot folder, which is located in C:\Users[User]\My Pictures\Screenshots.
Why can’t I take a screenshot on Windows 10?
On your Windows 10 PC, press Windows key + G. Click the Camera button to take a screenshot. Once you open the game bar, you can also do this via Windows + Alt + Print Screen. You’ll see a notification that describes where the screenshot is saved.
How do I take a screenshot of part of a screen in Windows?
You can also use keyboard shortcut Windows key + shift-S (or the new Screen snip button in the Action Center) to capture a screenshot with Snip & Sketch. Your screen will dim and you’ll see Snip & Sketch’s small menu at the top of your screen that will let you choose with type of screenshot you want to capture.
How do you screenshot on a surface 2 laptop?
Method 5: Screenshot on Surface Laptop 2 with Shortcut Keys
- On your keyboard, press and hold Windows key & Shift key and then press and release the S key.
- It will launch the Snip & Sketch tool with the screen clipping mode, so you can select and capture any area you want immediately.
How do you snip on Windows?
(For Windows 7, press the Esc key before opening the menu.) Press Ctrl + PrtScn keys. This captures the entire screen, including the open menu. Select Mode (in older versions, select the arrow next to the New button), choose the kind of snip you want, and then select the area of the screen capture that you want.
How do you take screenshots on Google Chrome?
How to take a screenshot of a whole Web page in Chrome
- Go to the Chrome Web store and search for “screen capture” in the search box.
- Select the “Screen Capture (by Google)” extension and install it.
- After installation, click on the Screen Capture button on the Chrome toolbar and select Capture Whole Page or use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Alt+H.
How do you screenshot on a Windows HP laptop?
2. Take a screenshot of an active window
- Press the Alt key and the Print Screen or PrtScn key on your keyboard at the same time.
- Click the Start button in the lower left corner of your screen and type “paint“.
- Paste the screenshot into the program (press the Ctrl and V keys on your keyboard at the same time).
How do you print screen on a HP laptop without Print Screen button?
Press the “Windows” key to display the Start screen, type “on-screen keyboard” and then click “On-Screen Keyboard” in the results list to launch the utility. Press the “PrtScn” button to capture the screen and store the image in the clipboard. Paste the image into an image editor by pressing “Ctrl-V” and then save it.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”