But unfortunately, Live Mail was ceased at Windows 7, and it doesn’t come with Windows 10. But even if it isn’t pre-installed in Windows 10, Windows Live Mail is still compatible with Microsoft’s newest operating system.
Is Windows Live Mail still working?
After warning users in 2016 of coming changes, Microsoft stopped official support for Windows Live Mail 2012 and other programs in the Windows Essentials 2012 suite on Jan. 10, 2017. … If you don’t care for managing your inbox through a web browser, there are third-party applications to replace Windows Live Mail.
Is there a replacement for Windows Live Mail?
Users needn’t look far for a Windows Live Mail app replacement, as Mailbird is the ideal software for them to switch to. It works with your current version of Windows. It’s compatible with all your email accounts.
What is the best replacement for Windows Live Mail?
5 best alternatives to Windows Live Mail (free and paid)
- Microsoft Office Outlook (paid) The first alternative to Windows Live Mail is not a free program, but a paid one. …
- 2. Mail and Calendar (free) The Mail and Calendar app is developed by Microsoft and comes bundled with Windows 10. …
- eM Client (free and paid) …
- Mailbird (free and paid) …
- Thunderbird (free and open-source)
12 июл. 2017 г.
How do I set up Windows Live Mail on Windows 10?
Setting Up Windows Live Mail
- Select Accounts and thenE-mail.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. Check Manually configure server settings. Click on Next.
- Choose the server type IMAP and enter the server address imap.mail.com and the port 993 . Check Requires a secure connection. …
- Click on Next and then on Finish.
How do I restore my Windows Live Mail?
Right-click on the Windows Live Mail folder and select Restore Previous Version. This will Windows Live Mail properties window. In the Previous Versions tab, click the Restore button. Windows will scan the system and start the recovery process.
Why is my windows live mail not working?
Solution to Fix this issue
Try to run Windows Live Mail as Administrator in compatibility mode. Try to re-configure the Windows Live Mail account. Remove the existing WLM account and create a new one. Try reinstalling Windows Essentials 2012 on your Windows 10.
How do I move my windows live mail to a new computer?
- Locate the Windows Live Mail folder 0n the New Computer.
- Delete the existing Windows Live Mail folder 0n the New Computer.
- Paste the copied folder from the old computer into the same location on the New Computer.
- Import Contacts from .csv file into WLM on New Computer.
16 июн. 2016 г.
Is Windows Live Mail still available for download?
Windows Essentials 2012, including Windows Live Mail 2012, reached end of support on 10 January 2017, and is no longer available for download from Microsoft; but most of the software bundled in it or in Windows Essentials 2011, including Windows Live Mail, continues to function and it can still be downloaded from …
How do I transfer windows live mail to a new computer?
Begin by clicking the windows logo to open the start menu, then click getting started.
- From the right hand panel choose Get Windows Live Essentials. …
- A confirmation window will then appear, asking if you wish to save, or run the installer.
- If you click run, the installer will be downloaded then immediately run.
What is the difference between Windows Live Mail and Outlook?
Outlook is far more powerful than Windows Live Mail and has more advanced features for emails, contacts, calendars and to-do lists. However, you may not need them, or you may already be using a range of apps instead. … Some people who want to use the Mail app will have to upgrade to Windows 10 to get it.
Does Windows 10 come with mail?
Windows 10 comes with a built-in Mail app, from which you can access all your different email accounts (including Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo!, and others) in one single, centralized interface. With it, there’s no need to go to different websites or apps for your email.
Can I reinstall Windows Live Mail without losing?
Get to know how to reinstall windows live mail without losing the emails: … Furthermore the users are required to click on the programs section and then on the control panel and then on the reinstall option inorder to reinstall Windows live mail without losing their emails.
How do I get Windows Mail on Windows 10?
How to setup email on Windows 10 Mail
- Open Windows 10 Mail. Firstly, you’ll need to open Windows 10 Mail by clicking on the Start button, then clicking on ‘Mail’.
- Choose ‘Settings’ …
- Choose ‘Manage Accounts’ …
- Choose ‘Add account’ …
- Choose ‘Advanced setup’ …
- Choose ‘Internet email’ …
- Enter your account details. …
- Windows 10 Mail Setup is complete.
How do I import contacts from Windows Live Mail to Windows 10?
Launch Windows Live Mail on your new computer, select the “Contacts” folder and click “Import” on the ribbon. Select the “CSV” file type, click “Browse” and select the CSV file on your USB key or hard drive.
Where does Windows 10 store windows live mail?
Note: Your Windows Live Mail e-mail is stored by default in the %UserProfile%AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows Live Mail.