If you didn’t, and need one now, you can create a Recovery Drive from any working copy of Windows 8, including from another Windows 8 computer in your home, or even a friend’s.
Can I make recovery disk from another computer?
Now, please be informed that you can’t use the Recovery Disk/Image from a different computer (unless it is the exact make and model with exactly the same devices installed) because the Recovery Disk includes drivers and they won’t be appropriate for your computer and the installation will fail.
How do I create a Windows 8.1 recovery disk?
To get started, in Windows 8 open the Charms menu and select Search. Enter Recovery, select Settings and then Create a recovery drive, agreeing to any prompts to enter your admin password. In the recovery drive tool, check the box for Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive and click Next.
Can I download a Windows 8.1 recovery disk?
If your computer runs Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you can download Easy Recovery Essentials.
IBM, Compaq, Gateway, eMachines
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- Windows 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP.
- Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012.
16 окт. 2012 г.
Can I use HP recovery disk from another computer?
Absolutely you can! You can try to use some software to help you to create a recovery USB from h8-1419c and restore it to your h8-1437c. It just do a unoversal restore that you can restore system image to another computer.
Can I download a Windows 10 recovery disk?
To use the media creation tool, visit the Microsoft Software Download Windows 10 page from a Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device. … You can use this page to download a disc image (ISO file) that can be used to install or reinstall Windows 10.
How do I create a Windows recovery disk?
Create a recovery drive
- In the search box next to the Start button, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. …
- When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.
- Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next.
- Select Create.
How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
Refresh without installation media
- Boot into the system and go to Computer > C: , where C: is the drive where your Windows is installed on.
- Create a new folder. …
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder. …
- Copy the install.wim file.
- Paste the install.wim file to the Win8 folder.
How can I reinstall Windows 8?
To perform a Windows 8 Reset:
- Press “Win-C” or navigate to the Charms Bar in either the top right or bottom right of your screen.
- Click on the “Settings” tab, press “Change PC Settings,” and then navigate to “General.”
- Scroll down the page until you see “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.” Click “Get Started.”
How can I make a bootable USB for Windows 8?
You will have to follow these steps next:
- Download and open the Install Windows 8.1 setup file from Microsoft;
- Type in your Windows 8.1 product key and initiate the download;
- After the download completes, select Install by creating media;
- Select USB flash drive (it should be the default choice) and insert the USB drive;
6 нояб. 2013 г.
How do I reinstall Windows 8 from recovery disk?
You can use the recovery USB drive to open Microsoft System Restore and restore your computer to a previous state.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options, and then click System Restore.
- Click the operating system (Windows 8). …
- Click Next. …
- Click Finish to restore the computer to the selected restore point.
How do I install Windows 8.1 without a product key?
The fastest and easiest way to install Windows 8.1 without a product key is by creating a Windows installation USB drive. We need to download a Windows 8.1 ISO from Microsoft if we haven’t already. Then, we can use a 4GB or larger USB flash drive and an app, such as Rufus, to create a Windows 8.1 installation USB.
Is Windows 8 still supported?
Support for Windows 8 ended on January 12, 2016. Learn more. Microsoft 365 Apps is no longer supported on Windows 8. To avoid performance and reliability issues, we recommend that you upgrade your operating system to Windows 10 or download Windows 8.1 for free.
How do I get a HP recovery disk?
Look through the available software for Order Recovery Media – CD/DVD/USB.
- If the recovery media is available, click it, click Order Media, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the order.
- If the recovery media is not in the list of available software, the media is currently unavailable.
Can you make a Windows 10 recovery disk for another computer?
You are able to create a Windows 10 recovery drive for another computer in 2 ways, including using the Windows 10 ISO or creating a portable Windows 10 USB drive with the bootable USB hard drive creation tool.
Will HP send me a recovery disk?
HP does not include recovery discs in the box its personal computers as the recovery software comes on the hard drive. You can obtain recovery discs from HP Support, or use Recovery Manager software to create a set of recovery discs yourself.