How do I fix no sound on Windows 10?
How to Fix Broken Audio on Windows 10
- Check your cables and volume. …
- Verify that the current audio device is the system default. …
- Restart your PC after an update. …
- Try a System Restore. …
- Run the Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter. …
- Update your audio driver. …
- Uninstall and reinstall your audio driver.
Why does my computer suddenly have no sound?
Install or update audio or speaker drivers
And one of the most common reasons that your computer sound may not be working is because of outdated or missing drivers. … After you do this, your audio or speaker drivers should automatically update or install.
How do I get sound back on my computer?
Check that the correct sound device is selected
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Sound.
- Click on Sound to open the panel.
- Under Output, change the Profile settings for the selected device and play a sound to see if it works. You might need to go through the list and try each profile.
Why is there no output sound on my Windows 10?
As mentioned, the “no audio output device is installed in Windows 10” error happens due to a corrupted or outdated driver. Therefore, the best way to fix this error is to update your sound drivers. … If there’s something wrong with your audio driver, you should see it listed (i.e. Realtek High Definition Audio).
Why is my sound not working?
You might have the sound muted or turned down low in the app. Check the media volume. If you still don’t hear anything, verify that the media volume isn’t turned down or off: Navigate to Settings.
How do I fix windows no sound?
If this doesn’t help, continue to the next tip.
- Run the audio troubleshooter. …
- Verify that all Windows Updates are installed. …
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections. …
- Check sound settings. …
- Fix your audio drivers. …
- Set your audio device as the default device. …
- Turn off audio enhancements.
Why did my speakers just stopped working?
When all of the speakers in a car audio system all stop working at once, the problem is usually in the head unit, in the amp, or in the wiring. In some cases, an issue with the wiring between the head unit and a single speaker can even cause all of the speakers in an entire car audio system to cut out at once.
How do I reinstall Realtek audio?
2. How to reinstall Realtek audio driver Windows 10
- Press the Windows key + X hotkeys.
- Select Device Manager on the menu to open the window shown directly below.
- Double-click Sound, video and game controllers to expand that category.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and select the Uninstall device option.
Why my laptop sound is not working?
To fix this, right-click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar and choose Sounds to enter the audio preferences. Select the Playback tab, then find the device you want to use. If you don’t see it, try right-clicking and checking Show Disabled Devices.
Why is my sound not working after Windows 10 update?
Go to Control Panel (you can type it in the search box on the taskbar). Select “Hardware and Sound” and then just select “Sound”. When you see the Playback tab, right-click “Default Device” and then select “Properties”. Now, on the Advanced tab, under “Default Format”, change the setting, and click OK.