The Eject key is usually located near the volume controls and is marked by a triangle pointing up with a line underneath. In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
How do I open my CD drive on Windows 10?
Press the eject button.
- If your CD/DVD-ROM drive has a long horizontal plastic bar on the front, press firmly on the right side of the bar to eject the tray.
- Continue with this method if the eject button doesn’t work.
How do I manually open my CD drive?
How to Open a Jammed CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: The Paper Clip. Straighten out one leg of the paper clip. …
- Step 2: The Small Hole. Find the small hole on your CD drive, it is usually near the button. …
- Step 3: Stick the Clip Into the Hole. Stick the clip into the hole and gently push until the door opens. …
- Step 4: Finish. …
- 21 Comments.
How do I open my CD drive?
Use the following steps:
- Close any applications using the drive and then shut down the PC.
- Find the pinhole on the drive door.
- Bend part of the paperclip to a point. Insert the paperclip slowly until there is resistance, then gently push until the drive door is opened.
- Pull the drive tray out and remove the disk.
How do I open my CD drive without the button?
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. To initiate installation, insert your CD and then: Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive). …
Why won’t my CD tray open?
The disc tray should open. … Try shutting down or configuring any software programs that create discs or monitor the disc drive. If the door still does not open, insert the end of a straightened paper clip into the manual eject hole on the front of the drive. Close all programs and shut down the computer.
Why is my CD-ROM not working?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
How do you fix a CD tray that won’t open?
Can’t Open the Tray or Eject the Disc From the CD Player
- Power off your CD player.
- Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Power on your device.
- Try to open or close the disc drawer or tray. Note: Make sure nothing blocks the tray from opening or closing.
How do I put a CD drive in my computer?
Start by pressing the drive’s eject button, which pops out the tray (often called a drink holder in computer jokes). Drop the disc into the tray, label side up. Gently nudge the tray back into the computer. The tray slides back in the rest of the way on its own.