Click to copy link
Can I remove Windows Live?
Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs. In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows Live Essentials, and then click Uninstall. Note To completely remove Windows Live Essentials, select all the Windows Live programs.
What is Windows Live used for?
Windows Essentials (formerly Windows Live Essentials and Windows Live Installer) is a discontinued suite of Microsoft freeware applications that includes email, instant messaging, photo sharing, blogging, and parental control software.
Is Windows Live still active?
Gmail and other service providers still support DeltaSync, so users can still use Windows Live Mail with non-Microsoft email accounts. Windows Essentials 2012, including Windows Live Mail 2012, reached end of support on 10 January 2017, and is no longer available for download from Microsoft.
What is Windows Live in Windows 10?
How to Install Windows Live Mail on Windows 10. Windows Live Mail comes as a part of Windows Essentials, a package of Microsoft’s programs that debuted in Windows 7. It consists of Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Windows Live Writer, OneDrive, and of course Windows Live Mail.
How do I completely remove Windows Live Mail?
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Locate the “Windows Live Essentials” program.
- Click Windows Live Essentials.
- Click Uninstall/Change.
- Click Remove one or more Windows Live programs.
- Click the “Mail” checkbox.
Is Windows Live Mail still working?
Windows Live Mail 2012 will not stop working, and you can still use it to download emails from any standard email service. However, Microsoft is moving all its own email services – Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, Outlook.com etc – to a single codebase at Outlook.com.
How do I get a Windows Live ID?
- Go to Settings –> Account.
- Scroll to “Your Information”
- Select “Windows Live ID”
- Select Change Windows Live ID.
- Answer “Yes” to you already have a new Windows Live ID.
- Follow the prompts for associating your Xbox 360 account with the new Live ID.
What is Windows Live Essentials Windows 10?
Windows Live Essentials included several programs, most notably Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, Mail, Messenger, Writer, and SkyDrive (OneDrive). Windows Live Essentials requires at least Windows 7 but it runs fine on newer versions of Microsoft’s Windows operating system including Windows 10.
How do I sign into Windows Live?
The easiest way is to sign up for free Hotmail accounts.
- Start your favorite Web browser and go to Hotmail. You see a Windows Live ID sign-in page.
- Click the Sign Up button to sign up for an account.
- Fill out the sign-up sheet.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 for each of the new Windows Live IDs you require.
Do Games for Windows Live still work?
The Games for Windows Live service itself will remain operational, and purchased games will be unaffected by the closure. Microsoft notes that Games for Windows Live users will still be able to access previously-purchased content via the GFWL client.
Is Windows Live Mail safe to use?
Windows Live Mail is a big security risk. My Opinion of Using WLM is a big security risk for personal information, worms & viruses, and possible intrusion to your PC. There has been no support for it for almost 3 years. You should use your browser to access email or use Windows 10 Mail App.
What is the best alternative to Windows Live Mail?
The best free alternative to Windows Live Mail 2019
- eM Client.
- Mailbird Lite.
- Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Claws Mail.
What is Windows Live Mail in Windows 10?
Windows 10 ships with a modern or universal mail client called Mail. The Mail app in Windows 10 is one of the best free email clients out there for Windows operating system and it supports not just Microsoft account but also allows you add email accounts from other webmail services like Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
Do I need Windows Essentials 2012?
Windows Essentials 2012 is somewhat stripped down from Windows Live Essentials 2011. The suite now includes Microsoft Mail, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, SkyDrive (desktop application), Writer, and Messenger. Note: When you install Windows Essentials 2012, Live Mesh is uninstalled and replaced with SkyDrive.
How do I disable Windows Live in Windows 10?
How to fully disable Windows 10 live tiles
- Open the Start menu.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Notifications.
- Double-click the Turn off tile notifications entry on the right and select enabled in the window that opens.
- Click OK and close the editor.
How do I fix Windows Live Mail?
Follow these steps to repair the Windows Live Mail installation:
- In the Windows Search bar type Control and open Control Panel.
- From the Category view, select Uninstall a program.
- Double-click on Windows Essentials 2012.
- Click on the Repair all Windows Essential programs and wait for the procedure to end.
How do I restore my Windows Live Mail?
Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft and then right click on the Windows Live Mail folder and choose ‘restore previous versions’. Then choose the most recent date to restore to and click restore. After restoring to a previous date, you can always restore back to a future date. Then open Windows Live Mail.
Is it OK to uninstall Windows Live Essentials?
When you choose Essentials you will have the option to uninstall them. Windows Live Essentials is an add-on with extra features like Live Movie Maker, Live Messenger and Live Mail. If you uninstall it, it won’t affect Windows. you can just as easily reinstall it at a later date.
Can I reinstall Windows Live Mail?
How do You Reinstall Windows Live Mail? If by mistake you have uninstall your windows live mail but you want to reinstall it back to your PC or Laptop. Click Start then All Programs, Recovery Manager, and then Recovery Manager again. Click Software Program Reinstallation, Under I need help immediately.
Can Windows Live Mail be transferred to new computer?
Transfer Using Windows Live Account. Set up your New Computer and install Windows Live Mail Emails Client on New PC. In your, OLD Computer set and use A Microsoft ID and Windows Live Account and move all items in your Windows Live Account.
Is Outlook the same as Live Mail?
Replies (15) Live Mail and Outlook.com are essentially the same thing. If you log into http://mail.live.com/ or http://www.outlook.com/ using the same Microsoft ID, you should see the same mailbox, but possibly with a different user interface. Google Mail also supports IMAP.
How do I stop Windows Mail?
How to Turn Off Mail Notifications in Windows 10
- Open the Mail app on your computer.
- In the lower left-hand corner of the window, click on the Settings icon.
- Select Notifications.
- Option 1: Choose the account you want to disable notifications on in the dropdown menu at the top of the screen, then mark the checkbox next to Show a notification banner.
Is there a movie maker in Windows 10?
Microsoft decided to drop Movie Maker from the operating system add-ons, as they say it’s not supported for Windows 10. However, Microsoft does say you can still download Movie Maker “if you really want it.”
Where can I get Windows Essentials?
We’re no longer offering the Windows Essentials 2012 suite for download, but if you already have it installed, it will continue to work as it does today.
- Windows Movie Maker.
- Windows Photo Gallery.
- Windows Live Writer.
- Windows Live Mail.
- Windows Live Family Safety.
- OneDrive desktop app for Windows.
Is a Microsoft account the same as a Gmail account?
One can use a Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or any other email address to create a Microsoft account without actually signing up for Outlook.com service. That is, for instance, if you use your Gmail address to create Microsoft account on Windows 10, you will be able to use your Gmail address to sign in to Windows 10.
How do I access my Microsoft account?
Sign in with Windows 10
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts.
- Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
- Follow the prompts to switch to your Microsoft account.
How do I find out if I already have a Microsoft account?
When you upgrade to Windows 10, Microsoft will have already urged you to start with a Microsoft account. To check what type of account you’re using, go to Settings – Accounts. If you’re using a Microsoft account, you’ll see your name, email address and Manage my Microsoft account.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”