If you’d rather let Windows do the moving for you, right-click on any empty area of the taskbar and click on Taskbar settings from the pop-up menu.
Scroll down the Taskbar settings screen to the entry for “Taskbar location on screen.” Click the drop-down box and set the location for left, top, right, or bottom.
Where do I find the taskbar on my computer?
The taskbar is an element of an operating system located at the bottom of the screen. It allows you to locate and launch programs through the Start button or view any program that is currently open. The taskbar first introduced with Microsoft Windows 95 and can be found in all subsequent versions of Windows.
How do you open the taskbar on Windows 10?
Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties in Windows 10
- Video guide on how to open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties in Windows 10:
- Way 1: Open it via the taskbar.
- Way 2: Open it in Control Panel.
- Step 1: Open Control Panel.
- Step 2: Type taskbar in the top-right search box, and tap Taskbar and Navigation.
How do I restore taskbar to bottom of screen?
- Right-click in an unused area of the taskbar.
- Make sure that “Lock the taskbar” is unchecked.
- Left-click and hold in that unused area of the taskbar.
- Drag the taskbar to the side of your screen on which you want it.
- Release the mouse.
- Now right-click, and this time, ensure that “Lock the taskbar” is checked.
How do I enable the taskbar?
Start with right-clicking on a free area of taskbar and then selecting Properties. Then click on the “Notifications Area” tab. 2. Then, tick the “Clock” option in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties and click OK.
How do I flip the taskbar in Windows 10?
To move the taskbar from its default position along the bottom edge of the screen to any of the other three edges of the screen:
- Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
- Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the place on the screen where you want the taskbar.
How do I make the taskbar disappear Windows 10?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you’re in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)
- Click taskbar settings.
- Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)
How do I center my taskbar icons Windows 10?
How to Center the Taskbar Icons in Windows 10
- Step 1: Right-click on the taskbar and uncheck “lock the taskbar”.
- Step 2: Right-click anywhere on the taskbar, and then choose Toolbar–>New Toolbar.
- Step 3: Create a folder with any name you like, select the new folder and click the open button, you will notice that the taskbar has been created.
Why can’t I see my taskbar on Windows 10?
Right-Click on the taskbar and select Properties. Toggle the ‘Auto-Hide the taskbar’ checkbox and click Apply. If it is now checked, move the cursor to the bottom, right, left, or top of the screen and the taskbar should re-appear.
How do I get the time to show on my taskbar Windows 10?
The first option is to right-click on an empty section of your taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window that appears, make sure you’re on the Taskbar tab, find the option labeled “Notification area” and click Customize.
How do I add the time to the taskbar in Windows 10?
- Right-click the clock in the taskbar.
- Click Adjust Date/Time.
- Click Add Clocks For Different Time Zones (Windows 10) or the Additional Clocks tab (Windows 7)
- Select Show This Clock, pick a time zone, and then add a descriptive label for the custom clock.
- Click Ok.
Where do I find the taskbar on Windows 10?
Here’s another way to set how icons fit on the taskbar. Scroll down the Taskbar settings screen until you see the section for “Combine taskbar buttons.” Click on the drop-down box beneath, and you’ll see three options: “Always, hide labels,” “When taskbar is full,” and “Never.”
How do I make my taskbar always on top Windows 10?
Or you can also open the “Taskbar settings” through: Start menu > Settings > Personalization, and select “Taskbar” in the left menu. Step 2. Toggle off “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode”. By turning off this feature, as long as your computer is in desktop mode, the taskbar will always on top.
How do I hide the taskbar not activated Windows 10?
To Show Taskbar when Hidden:
- Hover pointer on border of taskbar location.
- Press the Win+T keys.
- On a touchscreen, swipe inwards from the border where the taskbar is located.
- Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can choose to only auto-hide the taskbar in tablet mode.
How do I fix the taskbar in Windows 10?
How to Fix Problems with Taskbar not Hiding on Windows 10
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This will bring up the Windows Task Manager.
- Click More Details.
- Right-click Windows Explorer, then choose Restart.
How do I make the taskbar disappear?
- Right-Click on the taskbar and select Properties.
- Toggle the ‘Auto-Hide the taskbar’ checkbox and click Apply.
- If it is now checked, move the cursor to the bottom, right, left, or top of the screen and the taskbar should re-appear.
- Repeat step three to return to your original setting.
How do I unhide my toolbar?
Press the “F10” key if the command bar is hidden. This will restore access to the “View” command, which gives you the ability to unhide any third-party toolbars. Click “View” and then click “Toolbars.” Click to place a checkmark next to the toolbar you want to unhide.
How do I add the time to my taskbar?
To setup up to two additional clocks, all you have to do is right click on the time and/or date in the taskbar and select Adjust date/time from the menu. From here you will be taken to the settings screen to adjust your taskbar time and date. In this screen, select Add clocks for different time zones.
How do I remove the date from the taskbar in Windows 10?
I would like to hide or completely remove the Date from the Windows 10 taskbar. To hide the clock in Windows 10, open Settings > Systems > Notifications and actions > Turn system icons on or off > Toggle switch for Clock to Off position.
How do I show the time on my taskbar?
- Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and then click Properties.
- Click the Customize button in the Notification area section of the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window.
- Click Turn system icons on or off at the bottom left of the Notification Area Icons window.
How do I show two clocks on my taskbar?
Right-click on the taskbar clock and choose Adjust date/time. Once the Date and Time window launches, select the Additional Clocks tab. Here, you can configure one or two additional clocks to display in your desktop taskbar.
Why is my taskbar not working?
Restart Windows Explorer. A quick first step when you have any Taskbar issue is to restart the explorer.exe process. This controls the Windows shell, which includes the File Explorer app as well as the Taskbar and Start Menu. To restart this process, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the Task Manager.
How do I show the calendar on my desktop Windows 10?
How to add a calendar in the Calendar app on Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu button.
- Click on the Calendar app.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Click on Manage Accounts.
- Click on the type of account you want to add.
- Enter your account information.
- Click on the Sign in button.
- Click on the Done button.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”