Many problems with Windows come down to corrupt files, and Start menu issues are no exception. To fix this, launch the Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager or hitting ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete. ‘ Type “PowerShell” into the Cortana/Search box.
Why can’t I click the Start button on Windows 10?
If you have an issue with the Start Menu, the first thing you can try to do is restart the “Windows Explorer” process in the Task Manager. To open the Task Manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then click the “Task Manager” button. … After that, try to open the Start Menu.
How do I turn on the Start button in Windows 10?
At the Personalization window, click the option for Start. In the right pane of the screen, you’ll see a setting that says “Use Start full screen” that’s currently turned off. Turn that setting on so the button turns blue and the setting says “On. Now click the Start button, and you should see the full Start screen.
How do I fix the Unclickable taskbar in Windows 10?
Things you can do to fix unclickable taskbar:
- Restart Explorer from Task Manager.
- Re-register Taskbar with PowerShell Command.
- Use DISM Restore Health Tool with Command Prompt.
- Scan for Virus & Malware Infection in Windows 10.
- Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter.
- Reset and Reimage Windows 10.
How do I restore the Start menu in Windows 10?
Reset the start menu layout in Windows 10
- Open an elevated command prompt as outlined above.
- Type cd /d %LocalAppData%MicrosoftWindows and hit enter to switch to that directory.
- Exit Explorer. …
- Run the following two commands afterwards. …
- del appsfolder.menu.itemdata-ms.
- del appsfolder.menu.itemdata-ms.bak.
How do I unfreeze my Start menu?
Use Windows Powershell to resolve.
- Open Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc keys together) this will open a Task Manager window.
- In the Task Manager window, click File, then New Task (Run) or press the Alt key then down arrow to New Task (Run) on the drop down menu, then press the Enter key.
21 февр. 2021 г.
How do I fix critical error Start menu isn’t working?
How can I fix Start Menu not working error?
- Enter Safe Mode.
- Uninstall Dropbox / your antivirus software.
- Temporary hide Cortana from Taskbar.
- Switch to another administrator account and delete TileDataLayer directory.
- End Local Security Authority Process.
- Disable Internet Explorer.
10 апр. 2020 г.
How do I get to the Start menu in Windows 10?
To open the Start menu—which contains all your apps, settings, and files—do either of the following:
- On the left end of the taskbar, select the Start icon.
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
How do I fix a frozen Start menu in Windows 10?
Fix a frozen Windows 10 Start Menu by killing Explorer
First of all, open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time. If the User Account Control prompt appears, just click Yes.
What happened to my Start menu in Windows 10?
Click on Task Manager.
In Task Manager, if the File menu is not shown, click on “More details” near the bottom. Then, on the File menu, select Run New Task. Type in “explorer” and press OK. That should restart Explorer and re-display your taskbar.
How do I unfreeze my taskbar Windows 10?
Windows 10, Taskbar frozen
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Under the Head “Windows Processes” of the Processes Menu find Windows Explorer.
- Click on it and then Click on Restart button on the bottom right.
- In a few seconds Explorer restarts and Taskbar starts working again.
30 июл. 2015 г.
Why is my taskbar unresponsive?
If you’re having problems with the unresponsive Taskbar, the issue might be related to the missing updates. Sometimes there might be a glitch in your system and installing the updates might fix that. Windows 10 installs the missing updates automatically, but you can always check for updates manually.
How do I reset my taskbar on Windows 10?
Scroll down to the Notification area and click on Turn system icons on or off. Now, toggle the system icons on or off as shown in the image below (default). And with that, your taskbar will revert back to its default settings, including the different widgets, buttons, and system tray icons.