Microsoft’s explanation for the retiring of the HomeGroup feature is that it is not needed anymore. HomeGroup was “great” in the pre-cloud and pre-mobile era the company notes; the feature has run its course and has been replaced by modern alternatives so Microsoft.
Why has HomeGroup been removed from Windows 10?
Why has HomeGroup been removed from Windows 10? Microsoft determined that the concept was too difficult and that there are better ways to achieve the same end-result.
Can Windows 10 join Windows 7 HomeGroup?
HomeGroup is available in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows 7. You can join a homegroup on a PC running Windows RT 8.1, but you can’t create a homegroup or share content with the homegroup. In Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic, you can join a homegroup, but you can’t create one.
What happened to workgroup in Windows 10?
In May, Windows removed the workgroup for file sharing.
How do I share files on Windows 10 without a HomeGroup?
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
26 авг. 2020 г.
Are HomeGroup and Workgroup the same thing?
Homegroup was originally designed as a way to easily share resources between trusted computers. This was available in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. … Windows work groups are designed for small organizations or small groups of people that need to share information. Each computer can be added to a workgroup.
Why can’t I see other computers on my network Windows 10?
Open the Network and verify that you are now seeing the neighboring Windows computers. If these tips did not help, and the computers in the workgroup are still not displayed, try to reset the network settings (Settings -> Network and Internet -> Status -> Network Reset). Then you need to reboot the computer.
Can Windows 10 network with Windows 7?
HomeGroup is only available on Windows 7, Windows 8. x, and Windows 10, which means that you won’t be able to connect any Windows XP and Windows Vista machines. There can be only one HomeGroup per network. … Only computers joined with a HomeGroup password can use the resources on the local network.
What replaced HomeGroup in Windows 10?
Microsoft recommends two company features to replace HomeGroup on devices running Windows 10:
- OneDrive for file storage.
- The Share functionality to share folders and printers without using the cloud.
- Using Microsoft Accounts to share data between apps that support syncing (e.g. Mail app).
20 дек. 2017 г.
How do I setup a home network with Windows 7 and Windows 10?
Setting Up a HomeGroup in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. To create your first HomeGroup, click Start > Settings > Networking & Internet > Status > HomeGroup. This will open the HomeGroups control panel. Click Create a homegroup to begin.
Is HomeGroup removed from Windows 10?
HomeGroup has been removed from Windows 10 (Version 1803). However, even though it has been removed, you can still share printers and files by using features that are built into Windows 10.
Can Windows 10 home join a workgroup?
Windows 10 creates a Workgroup by default when installed, but occasionally you may need to change it. So if you would like to set up and join a Workgroup in Windows 10, this tutorial is for you. A Workgroup can share files, network storage, printers and any connected resource.
Why can’t I see the other computers on my network?
The Windows Firewall is designed to block unnecessary traffic to and from your PC. If network discovery is enabled, but you still can’t see other computers on a network, you may need to whitelist File and Printer Sharing in your firewall rules. To do this, right-click the Windows Start menu and press Settings.
How do I setup a home network in Windows 10?
- In Windows 10, select Start , then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Set up a new network, then choose Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set up a wireless network.
22 авг. 2018 г.
How do I share my network on Windows 10?
File sharing over a network in Windows 10
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
How do I share a folder in Windows 10 with a specific user?
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select Give Access to > Specific people.
- From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can read-only or read/write). …
- If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. …
- Click Share.
6 нояб. 2019 г.