This issue could be either due to some issues with the power settings or corrupted system files on the computer. Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar on the desktop and press “Enter”. In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane. Click on “Power”.
Why is my laptop randomly shutting off?
Instead, verify the fan on the side or bottom of the laptop is working and blowing out hot air. … An overheating power supply, due to a malfunctioning fan, can cause a computer to shut off unexpectedly. Continuing to use the faulty power supply can result in damage to the computer and should be replaced immediately.
How do I fix my laptop from turning off by itself?
What to do if my laptop randomly turns off?
- Troubleshoot the overheating issue.
- Hard reset your laptop.
- Update available drivers.
- Turn off fast startup.
- Run a virus scan.
How do I stop my computer from shutting down automatically Windows 10?
- Click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Click on System > Power & sleep.
- Under the Sleep section, expand the drop-down menu and select Never.
What should you do if your computer keeps shutting down while working?
How to Fix a Windows PC that Randomly Shuts Off
- 1 Check the PC’s Power Connection. Make sure the PC is powered up properly by checking the electrical connections. …
- 2 Check the Computer’s Ventilation. …
- 3 Clean & Oil the PC’s Fans. …
- 4 Revert Windows to an Earlier System Restore Point. …
- 5 Check for Updates. …
- 6 Reset Windows to its Original State.
Why does my laptop sleep randomly?
Sometimes Windows 10 Power Plan gets corrupted and it may cause strange behaviour like making your computer or laptop to Sleep randomly even if you completely disable the Sleep Mode in the current Power Plan.
Why did my PC turn off by itself and wont turn on?
Try this: unplug the power cord, remove the battery, and hold down the power button for 1 minute. … Try this: unplug the power cord, remove the battery, and hold down the power button for 1 minute. Now plug the power cord in and see if it turns on. Second, let’s make SURE the power supply is not bad.
How do I fix my laptop from overheating?
Let’s look at six simple and easy ways to keep your laptop from overheating:
- Check and Clean The Fans. Whenever you feel your laptop getting hot, place your hand just next to the fan vents. …
- Elevate Your Laptop. …
- Use A Lap Desk. …
- Controlling Fan Speeds. …
- Avoid Using Intense Processes. …
- Keep Your Laptop Out Of The Heat.