The BIOS will not detect a hard disk if the data cable is damaged or the connection is incorrect. Serial ATA cables, in particular, can sometimes fall out of their connection. … The easiest way to test a cable is to replace it with another cable. If the problem persists, then the cable was not the cause of the problem.
How do I get BIOS to recognize my hard drive?
Check for Auto Drive Detection
- When you switch on the PC, press F2 for entering into the System Setup or CMOS Setup. …
- Go to BIOS setup page.
- Check if the hard disk drive detection is set to Auto or On.
- If it is not, then make it on.
- Press Save & Exit changes.
What do I do if my hard drive is not detected?
How to confirm whether the hard drive is spinning up or not?
- Boot the computer and try to catch some noise.
- Power off the system.
- Disconnect the power cord from the system.
- Remove the power cable when the hard disk is not detected, or the hard disk you are trying to fix.
- Reconnect the power cord to the system itself.
Why my hard drive is not detected?
If your new harddisk is not detected by or Disk Manager, it could be because of a driver issue, connection issue, or faulty BIOS settings. These can be fixed. Connection issues can be from a faulty USB port, or a damaged cable. Incorrect BIOS settings may cause the new hard drive to be disabled.
Why is my hard drive not showing up in the boot menu?
2] Check cable and USB port connection
If you make any mistake, your computer won’t be able to detect the disk drive. … So, you might encounter this problem if the HDD/SSD data cable gets loose or the USB port is dead. Here, you can try to change another cable or change another USB port to see if it can be detected.
Why is my BIOS not showing up?
You may have selected the quick boot or the boot logo settings accidentally, which replaces the BIOS display to make the system boot faster. I’d most probably try to clear the CMOS battery (removing it and then putting it back in).
How do I fix BIOS not booting?
If you cannot enter the BIOS setup during boot, follow these steps to clear the CMOS:
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
- Remove the computer cover.
- Find the battery on the board. …
- Wait one hour, then reconnect the battery.
How do I fix a corrupted hard drive?
Steps to Repair Corrupted Hard Disk without Formatting
- Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. …
- Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. …
- Step 3: Run SFC Scan. …
- Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.
How do I know if my hard drive is working?
To check a hard disk with WMIC, press the Win + R buttons to open the Run dialog. Type cmd and click “OK” to open the Windows command prompt. and press Enter again. You will see the status of your hard disk after a short delay.
How do I fix Windows 10 not detecting my hard drive?
How to fix “Hard drive not detected” on Windows 10?
- Re-enable the missing drive in the Disk Management.
- Reconnect the external hard drive.
- Format the drive.
- Check the status of the hard drive.
- Update the driver.
- Update Windows.
- Reinstall USB controllers to make the second hard drive recognized.
How do I fix a SATA hard drive not detected?
Check for faulty or unplugged data cable
- Reconnect hard drive with data cable port.
- Replace old data cable with new.
- Connect the hard drive with other desktops/laptop.